Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_close-ups.thumb.jpg.88a09e422111459fcea8be71befc7874.jpg

This is kind of dumb, but so am I. I've noticed that some people have a little signature or excerpt that is always at the end of every post describing their telescopes or equipment and wondered how I would add one. Excuse my ignorance, I am very new to this site

Edited by Mr_Timn

2 minutes ago, Mr_Timn said:

This is kind of dumb, but so am I. I've noticed that some people have a little signature or excerpt that is always at the end of every post describing their telescopes or equipment and wondered how I would add one. Excuse my ignorance, I am very new to this site

Click on your name at the top right, click account settings, and then you will see "signature" option on the left.

Go into account settings, then under signature you can set yourself one. There are limitations to length I believe though.

g'day Mr Timn,

Being a moderator I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure, but I seem to recall something like ten posts before a signature can be edited. I will try and find out

34 minutes ago, RayD said:

Click on your name at the top right, click account settings, and then you will see "signature" option on the left.

Thanks a ton. Sorry for the inconvenience

No worries. I'll let you know when I do.

Yes from recent experience having passed that milestone I can confirm 10 posts is what you need, then you can create a signature :) .

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

There are limitations to length I believe though.

Gus

Refractors : Opticstar AR90S 90mm f5.5, Celestron Omni 120mm f8.3  / Maksutov : Celestron 4SE 101mm f13 / SCT : Celestron C8 f10  / EP's Need to list / Solar Lunt Wedge with Polarizing & Solar Continuum filters / StandsAZ3 - Porta 1 - Skytee II - Celestron 6/8SE Goto - Berlebach Uni28 tripod / Filters: Semi APO, UHC, OIII, LPF, red, blue, yellow, grey moon and planetary filters Binoculars: Strathspey Marine 7x50 - Pentax PCF WPII 12x50  / Misc : Celestron Skyportal wifi / Orion binocular mount

That's a fairly generous limit in your case :happy7:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, domstar said:

Gus

Refractors : Opticstar AR90S 90mm f5.5, Celestron Omni 120mm f8.3  / Maksutov : Celestron 4SE 101mm f13 / SCT : Celestron C8 f10  / EP's Need to list / Solar Lunt Wedge with Polarizing & Solar Continuum filters / StandsAZ3 - Porta 1 - Skytee II - Celestron 6/8SE Goto - Berlebach Uni28 tripod / Filters: Semi APO, UHC, OIII, LPF, red, blue, yellow, grey moon and planetary filters Binoculars: Strathspey Marine 7x50 - Pentax PCF WPII 12x50  / Misc : Celestron Skyportal wifi / Orion binocular mount

That's a fairly generous limit in your case :happy7:

Hehe! Well, I did squeeze a lot into the allotted 5 lines there I agree! ;) 

Edited by Knighty2112

I've filled in the signature box but nothing happens. Must be me. Bit sleepy 😴

18 hours ago, TSRobot said:

I've filled in the signature box but nothing happens. Must be me. Bit sleepy 😴

YES it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm on my mobile.....no signature shows. Modern tech is still emerging 🤣😀😁😄😃😅

42 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Turn your mobile to landscape

No difference.  Honestly  though. This is no  biggie anyhow 😎😊

My Samsung doesn't do it but my other mobile devices do when in landscape

Not showing on mobile is intentional and makes the site work better on smaller screens / slower processors.

19 minutes ago, Ags said:

Not showing on mobile is intentional and makes the site work better on smaller screens / slower processors.

No problemo 😁😁