Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik One Filter Wheel Failure

Luddite Imager

Download the Atik One manual from their website here. It shows you how to remove the front cover and remove the filter wheel in order to change the filters. This should give you an indication of what is causing your problem. You need 1.5mm and 2mm allen (hex) keys to do this. They were supplied with the camera. The motor is held against the filter wheel by a spring. It may be the spring has detatched, or the micro-switch which engages with the indents on the filter wheel to indicate which filter is in position has got stuck. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Alan

Atik tends to use a friction drive on a rubber ring, just like a big orange "O" ring, on the outside of the wheel.  These can wear and snap and need replacing.  Sounds like this may have happened to yours.  Below shows one of my carousels with the ring.  I suspect the One is very similar.

Atik should be able to repair this very easily as it just slips on (if it is this).

20180208_185820.jpg

6 hours ago, RayD said:

I suspect the One is very similar.

Yes, you're right Ray, the Atik One has the same orange ring. The motor drive is held in contact with it by a spring which you push back to remove the carousel.

Alan

Archived