Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iota Cancri and more!

I had posted this earlier in the imaging forum and thought it might fit  here as well.  Thanks to cotterless45 for bringing Iota Cancri to my awareness: 

5a710b68873c7_ASTRONOMY-IOTACANCRI(PRIMEFOCUS)1-19-18CAPTION.thumb.jpg.8fcdac3d7dc54155deddf4c5fbef9440.jpg

Here is a composite of the "real" Albireo (Cygnus), 145 G Canis Majoris (the other Winter Albireo), Almach (Andromeda), and Iota Cancri:

5a710c291efab_ASTRONOMY-ALBIREO145GALMACHIOTACANCRICOMPOSITE.thumb.jpg.c437434bbdb4791a5ed6e3d80d0fe183.jpg

Enjoy,

Reggie :icescream:

Edited by orion25
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, Ratlet said:

Sorry to revive this old thread, but someone shared these in another thread.  Their magnificent!  How did you take them?

Oldie but goodie, lol. I took these all at prime focus using my 127mm Mak-Cass and Nikon D3200. Love these colorful pairs!

This is the first time I've ever seen an image from a camera and telescope that looks like what I see through a telescope!

Of course you used a Mak 🤣 it's been 6 months since I sold mine so I'm due finding my monthly post that makes me regret selling it.

As Rod Stewart once said "I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger"

• Like 1