Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Latest Acquisition

JemC

I went and picked up my latest acquisition today (Tuesday) :icon_biggrin:

got it all out if the boxes and set it up, just to see what it looks like (as you do)

I must say though that it is actually smaller than i imagined it to be, the only thing that i can see probably being a bit of a pain is the polar scope illuminator (may need to come up with something better for that)

overall though i am impressed by it, 

just need to do some playing around with it now and figure it out then when the sky permits give it a test run,

IMG_0654.thumb.JPG.3f327952251249277e61518b4baa43a3.JPG     IMG_0655.thumb.JPG.777f03ff90ea146df1a1eb1bb7729186.JPG

this looks fantastic! im at the very start of the astrophotograhy journey and I am currently saving for a mount, do you think I would be as well with this as I already have the dslr?  or wait it out and buy the bigger mount when I can afford it?

18 minutes ago, Squeek86 said:

this looks fantastic! im at the very start of the astrophotograhy journey and I am currently saving for a mount, do you think I would be as well with this as I already have the dslr?  or wait it out and buy the bigger mount when I can afford it?

The Star Adventurer is a great bit of kit to start astrophotography using a DSLR, there's lot's to learn so it's a good place to stat before you invest £1000.0s

You can also get adapters to fit your camera lenses onto  cooled CCD or CMOS camera and image with the Star Adventurer when / if you want to advance a bit.

Dave

thanks for the reply Davey-t, I am a total novice at the min so I was thinking this could be the cheaper option to get started and then progress to the big league with a bit more experience!! I had thought of going down the second hand route but I think this may fill the void for a while until I can afford the next step

P.S. lovely dog by the way!

I think that this little mount is an awesome way to start out. with using a DSLR for astrophotography. It opens up the field quite a bit and gives you a whole bunch of learning opportunities for things like stacking and even using Registax. 

I think  the Skywatcher came up with a real winner. There are almost too many possibilities for using this mount.

Now if it would just warm up a bit here....... 

2 hours ago, Squeek86 said:

What Davet-T said :icon_biggrin:

Archived