SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greeting from Genoa,Italy

andrex66

Howdy, I'm Andrea from Italy.

I've been interested in astronomy since I was a child,now I'm trying to do some astrophotography. My first experience was with a homemade barn door tracker,with mixed results.

I recently purchased a Star Adventurer Astro Photo Set (SA) along with a Mini 50mm Guide Scope and a QHY5L-II Mono Camera to try some basic guided astrophotography.

Clear skyes!

Andrea

Welcome to the forums, Andrea.

I visited Genoa about seven years ago when I was staying in Santa Margherita. Also did the Cinque Terre walk, wonderful scenery.

I hope you have clearer skies in Genoa than we have here in the UK!

Eric.

Hello! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Eric,glad you enjoyed your stay in Liguria! The weather is quite bad atm, I feel guilty since I bought the Star Adventurer and we  all know what happens when you buy a new piece of astro equipment...:clouds2:

Just 2 decent nights in a couple of months and I had (and still having) big issues with SA and guiding!

I will soon post for some help, hope to find some fellow SGLer who is actively using the SA, I fell so dumb right now! :icon_redface:

Clear skyes!

Andrea

3 hours ago, andrex66 said:

Howdy, I'm Andrea from Italy.

I've been interested in astronomy since I was a child,now I'm trying to do some astrophotography. My first experience was with a homemade barn door tracker,with mixed results.

I recently purchased a Star Adventurer Astro Photo Set (SA) along with a Mini 50mm Guide Scope and a QHY5L-II Mono Camera to try some basic guided astrophotography.

Clear skyes!

Andrea

Ciao Andrea 

benvenuto! Look forward to seeing some great pictures from you!

Gerry

Abruzzo 

Archived