Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Captain Magenta

Newish from Middlesex

Hi everybody.

Although not a total forum or astronomer newbie, at 13 posts in, I'm not far off in either category. As a long-time birdwatcher, hobbyist photographer and childhood-latent astronomer I finally took the plunge to invest in some astro equipment when a couple of years ago I saw the dark skies that SW Ireland (Baltimore) has to offer - my wife is from there. The process of deciding what telescope etc to get involved quite a lot of passive trawling of this forum, so I though it only fair to try to get involved myself. Living near Kempton Park I've already bumped into someone from Walton Astronomy Group who's persuaded me to go along to one of their monthly pub-meets, later this month hopefully.

Anyway, as an inexperienced astronomer I expect I'll be bothering you with requests for lists and other advice...

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 1

Hi Magnus and welcome to SGL - This is a great forum and people are always helpful when you ask questions. Do use the search facility in case any issues you have have already been dealt with :) 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

• Like 1

Hello Magnus and a warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the community, 

lots of helpful folk here.

Good luck and Clear Sky's.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, marra!

This place has friendliness and cheer in abundance, with no shortage of help to be found and plenty of pretty photos in the challenge area. Looking forward to reading and seeing any offerings you bring to the table.

J xx

• Like 1

As a fellow member of walton astronomy group, welcome Magnus and I hope to meet you soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GavStar said:

As a fellow member of walton astronomy group, welcome Magnus and I hope to meet you soon.

yes indeed, hopefully it won't be long...

• Like 1

Welcome, I’m a few stops on the train closer to London than you. Walton was out last night, though it took rather a while for the cloud to clear....

PEter

• Like 1

Thanks all for the welcomes, I look forward to getting involved here and meeting some of you at the WAG meets before long...

Cheers, Magnus