Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
RRT26

Nebulae in Orion with Smartphone

Taken tonight via my SkyScanner 100 scope with a 6mm Expanse eyepiece. Night mode turned on my Samsung smartphone and images taken with it through the scope.

20180129_235344.jpg

20180129_235346.jpg

20180129_235712.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ruskclark
      This is a recent edit of data I collected back in January. Image is taken with a Canon 450Da and Canon EF L 70-200mm f/2.8 lens sitting on a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer. It’s quite a large crop from a 200mm frame. 25 x 3 min guided subs. Stacked in SiriL and processed in Photoshop. Image taken in Northumberland under Bortle 3 skies. 

• By Saj_37uk
      Looking for the 2" low profile extension tube that is provided with most of the skywatcher scopes. I have a used 190MN that didn't come with the extension tube and need it to get accurate focus. 

I believe Orion scopes may have one too.
    • By HenryFitz
      For deep sky observations, can you make suggestion which will be more fitted with my behavior: mobility is not a big concern as a least 11" aperture is must whereupon computerized stuff is no good choice for me. 
    • By Xiga
      Like the lunatic that I am, I decided to get the scope out last week during that storm that was passing through. The skies were clear and there was no moon about, so I figured why not! Only problem was the 17-20 mph winds, lol.
      I got 2 hrs of subs but had to throw away half of them due to guiding problems more so than the wind, amazingly. This was the 2nd time in a row i'd had Dec guiding problems, and that's after about 2 years of not having a single problem guiding. After the 1st hr of wasted subs, I turned off Fast Switching in Dec and chose to only Dither in RA, and the Dec problems mostly went away, at least to allow me to capture 1 hr of 'still dodgy but just about useable' subs. Once M42 disappeared behind the neighbour's roof, I then re-calibrated on the Celestial Equator (Dec 0) and when I switched to the Pinwheel Galaxy I was able to guide as normal again (with Fast Switching and Dithering in both RA and Dec both turned on again) and didn't lose any subs, despite the wind, so I've decided that from now on I won't be calibrating at the target itself, i'm always going to do it at Dec 0.
      I decided to throw this in with another 1 hr of subs (plus 10 x 30s for the core) that I took back in Jan 2017 (has it really been that long?!). That hr also had issues, with some weird streaking in the lower left that I could never work out what caused it. The D5300 hadn't been modified at that stage either. So I fired it all in to APP and decided to stack it anyway, and give it a quick process. Then chose to crank it up to 11 on the colour front, just for laughs.
      It won't be going on the wall anytime soon, lol, but I suppose it came out a bit better than I was expecting, all things considered.
      20 x 360s with an IDAS-D1
      D5300, 80ED, HEQ5-Pro.
      Stacked in APP, processed in PS.
      CS!
      edit - I forgot to downscale it - so no pixel peeping allowed ?

• By Kronos831
      heyyyyy its meeeee, kronosss and today there is a full moon(i missed out on the eclipse because of clouds... huh i guess i gotta wait another 19 years...)and i went out in the b ackyard with my 3" reflector telescope the celestron firstscope! The seeing was kinda bad... the full moon had less detail than the quarter.... anyway i figured i could see something else then i turned left and i saw orion(book-pun -intended) and the stars were quite faint(bad seeing full moon and light pollution.) i tried locating the orion nebula, after some time i stumbled across a small extremely faint smudge just barely distinguishable, then i turned and zoomed in,(75x) i saw 2 small kind of blurry spots of light (focusing wasnt great andi have the worst 4mm eyepiece in history...) with a very faint dark grey light around them keep in mind i saw that light when not looking directly at the nebula(read that it makes light appear brighter somewhere, it works lol)  sooo is what i am seeing indeed it? or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
      Cheers
      Kronos

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.