Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6-R owners club

mikey2000

3 hours ago, Miguel1983 said:

Just to point out the incredible tracking accuracy of this mount, when i was imaging M45 this week, i forgot to activate tracking in PHD2, i realised this halfway in a 5min sub but i let it run just to see the result, here it is. 

1691077319_5minunguided.thumb.jpg.e882db9bb922b3f3dd39a3b83c28c4f4.jpg

I’m blown away by the accuracy of the mount tbh, think you’re better at polar aligning than myself ha! Here’s mine .. a 49x2 minutes on horseshead 

211364D4-216C-4AB8-953D-2198E4ADB4B4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Miguel

Yeah., at the end of the evening, just unpluyg all power and USB leads, remove the counterweight and then lift and shift the whole thing back inside the patio doors.  Am lucky that I live on my own here, so do not have to move it too far and out of the way, I can cope with it being setup and where it is.

Am really liking the ED72 so far.  Here are a few samples taken with it last night.  They are nothing to write home about yet as still need to work on focus (have the Prima Lucie one coming and am also printing off a Baht mask for the scope too) and they are also single subs with zero post processing other than a stretch and curve done

Edited by Shelster1973
  • Like 1

This circle allows you to re-orientate the internal graticule to get alignment with the polar stars...

Covered in the SW manual, under "Procedure for Precise Polar alignment", p13 in my copy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

This circle allows you to re-orientate the internal graticule to get alignment with the polar stars...

Covered in the SW manual, under "Procedure for Precise Polar alignment", p13 in my copy.

Hi Merline, thanks for reply, i don't have any info in my manual how to use those circles, for aligning the polar finder there are screws to do the job , here is a photo of my manual.

Could you please send a photo of yours if they are not the same?

Best regards, 

6BF1B6FB-F4C5-4D14-949A-192DFF7C93F8.jpeg

Edited by OJ87

The “constellations” reticule is the old version.  I believe all new SW mounts have the new circle reticule.

May I politely suggest that using a polar scope for alignment is not really precise enough.   For visual, fair enough.  But for photography, I highly recommend a camera/software solution.  Eg, SharpCap. It takes just moments to do and the final adjustments are *tiny* - I don’t even see Polaris moving in the polar scope by this stage.

• Like 2

On 28/03/2019 at 09:48, mikey2000 said:

The “constellations” reticule is the old version.  I believe all new SW mounts have the new circle reticule.

May I politely suggest that using a polar scope for alignment is not really precise enough.   For visual, fair enough.  But for photography, I highly recommend a camera/software solution.  Eg, SharpCap. It takes just moments to do and the final adjustments are *tiny* - I don’t even see Polaris moving in the polar scope by this stage.

On 28/03/2019 at 11:01, Merlin66 said:

Mikey,

I think we all probably know that....but the original question was what were the scales, and what where were used for......

Thank you for info, actually for now as beginner I'll stick with alignment with polar scope, but definitely will go to camera alignment in future. 

I decided to empty my wallet some more and buy the polemaster which is a incredible camera for the money, and I can accurately polar align within 5 minutes, I can then get subs of about 3 minutes just using the mount ? well worth the money ? and very easy to use

• Like 1

Hi to the club, lol, i purchased from Rother Valley Optics last October 2018 the NEQ6Pro synscan which is for my Skywatcher 300PDS; my intentions are to create an observatory outside and then install and connect the mount to a pier as per the most seem to do, it's a long term project and as of to date, it has been just information and vast amounts of planing, also, we are disposing of an old now defunct pond at around 12 x 8, so, this will afford much room when the project gets underway proper, so here's hoping for a summer of good weather!!!!!.

All the very best and regards to all,                      Tom......... 

PS, I still seem not to be getting instant notification of replies,  possible IT problem ???????.

Edited by mckinnell

8 hours ago, mckinnell said:

PS, I still seem not to be getting instant notification of replies,  possible IT problem ???????. 

Notifications appear via the icon at top right or as irritating pop-ups, but you need to enable them.

You can also have an email daily or weekly.

Manage yours at:

https://stargazerslounge.com/notifications/options/

Edited by Stub Mandrel

Neil,  Thanks mate, have set all the needed to get immediate updates so hope this sorts things out, again, many thanks.

Best regards,       Tom.