SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ6-R owners club

mikey2000

Hoping somebody can save my sanity....

My EQ6-R Pro seems to be slewing in the wrong direction using the handset and in APT, East and West directions seems to be flipped.  But when I slew via EQMOD it seems to be correct okay.  I've tried searching the internet but cannot find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Rob  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robny said:

Hoping somebody can save my sanity....

My EQ6-R Pro seems to be slewing in the wrong direction using the handset and in APT, East and West directions seems to be flipped.  But when I slew via EQMOD it seems to be correct okay.  I've tried searching the internet but cannot find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Rob  

Are you holding the handset upside down? 😂

Sorry couldn't resist! More sensibly but still maybe a silly question: have you double checked all timezone/position settings? Failing that perform a factory reset (in the manual somewhere) and try again?

2 hours ago, badhex said:

Yeah that is weird. Has it always done this?

I dont remember it doing this before, but I cannot see for sure.  When I slew with Eqmod, it's fine.  This only happens with the hand controller and in APT.

I've reset the time, factory reset and set location again, still the same :(

55 minutes ago, GoldTop57 said:

Don't know if this thread is any good to you: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/759309-eq6-slewing-in-wrong-direction/

Thanks for that but unfortunately not, I saw that thread and did what they suggested but still no joy.  I've also just updated my synscan firmware and motor control firmware on the mount and still does the same

Hi All

I am just looking to buy an EQ6-R at the moment. I plan on using it with a concrete/brake disk pier I made in our garden. Currently the top disk is the correct diameter for my old HEQ5.

Just wondering if anyone is using their EQ6-R on a similar brake disk set up, and if so, what sort of disk you used to make it fit ? Failing that can anyone tell me the EQ6-R base diameter that I need to look out for ?

Thanks.

25.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

Edited by Spaced Out

• 2 months later...

Just joined the club last week. This is a significant upgrade from my EQM-35 in every way possible, especially guiding accuracy. I was able to use the EQ6-R for three nights after taking delivery, before the clouds rolled in. Seldom was I able to get under 1" RMS on the EQM-35. The EQ6-R is consistently staying in the 0.3"-0.6" range. I should've gone with this mount from the start. I'm loving it so far!

IMG_2804.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just setting up a new EQ6R on my concrete/brake disk pier.

I used to use a HEQ5 on the pier. To fit the EQ6R I’ve had to change the top disk to one with a larger central hole. Just drilled the bolt holes to fit the new disk for now. Next job is to weld a base plate underneath for screwing the mount down, then adding a peg for AZ adjustment and some paint.  🙂 

Should be sorted soon. Can't wait to start using it !

IMG_7951.JPG

IMG_7952.JPG

IMG_7954.JPG

• Like 4