Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Jupiter & Mars conjunction - 7th Jan 2018

I haven't checked, but I am sure there are plenty of these around. I thought I would enter my daylight version as it is a little different. I followed the conjunction until it was lost in the glare and behind buildings, all in all a wonderful morning.

Handheld at the eyepiece as normal for me using an iPhone 6 Plus. This is the last one I took that still showed all four moons despite it being 7.41am and relatively bright.

Normal kit:

Scope: Tak FC100DC (this is getting expensive...)

Eyepiece: Need to check this! Will update when I have. Probably 12.5mm BGO at x59.

Mount: AZGTi on Gitzo tripod

Taken using Procam 4 and cropped and processed using PS Express, all on the phone.

IMG_5919.JPG

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this