Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_close-ups_winners.thumb.jpg.b5fb18580607a749e382266fe55a02a1.jpg

Celestron XLT 2" diagonal

Includes 2" - 1.25" adapter

SCT fit

original packaging

The diagonal is in excellent condition

May swap for Baader Hyperion 68 degree 10mm eyepiece or Baader Aspheric eyepiece 31mm or 36mm - these must be in excellent condition with caps etc

Price includes postage (1st class signed for)

£110  £89

Lancashire area

Cash payment or fees paid via Paypal.

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

Edited by Bino Pete

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jambouk
      Is it possible to get an extension lead for the handset of the Celestron Advanced GT mount? 
      Thanks
      James

• By Hiddenpalm
      So I'm trying to accessorize [flicks hair], and according to a review of the Nexstar 8SE (which I just got yesterday), the guy and a bunch of other reviewers recommend the Celestron SkySync GPS. From what I understand this device tells your GoTo your coordinates, speeding up the time it takes to align your telescope. Its over $100 US dollars. And it can take up to 10 minutes to locate your coordinates, date and time.

If you're planning a trip or just out on your yard/local park, this can come in handy. But if all it does is give your GoTo your coordinates why can't you simply go to Astronomy.Tools (now known to me thanks to StargazersLounge) and look up the coordinates before hand? Wouldn't it be faster to type in your coordinates than to wait 5-10 minutes for SkySync to work?

I'm bringing this here wondering if I'm missing something? Does SkySync do something else besides give your coordinates? After it gives your coordinates, do you still need it for the rest of the night? Are its coordinates more precise? And if so, does that in any way change your experience as a casual viewer or a hardcore professional astrophotographer? How so? And is it true that it can not work at the same time with the Skyportal Wifi module? 🤔

The thoughts and insights of this awesome community would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Jason126
      Newb here. I have settled on my first telescope being the 4SE or 6SE and I have a Sony Alpha 300 DSLR I would like to be able to connect to play around with AP. I am barely starting to grasp the terminology involved with telescopes in general but it seems connecting a camera to a telescope is a whole different ball game.
      It seems as though the 4SE has a separate eyepiece and camera attachment? Looks like you can just flip a knob to swap between the viewer and camera? Whereas the 6SE it appears that you have to remove the whole eyepiece to connect the camera. After reading some reviews everyone says they immediately wanted a more powerful telescope so I am thinking the 6SE may be the way to go but I really don't like the idea of having to swap back and forth by removing the eyepiece, is there an after-market accessory that would allow it to work more like the 4SE (flip a switch from viewer to camera and back)?
      And I guess my other question is are the optics really that much better on the 6SE that it would be worth the hassle when connecting the camera? I see that the light gathering capability and magnification are better but how perceivable is that difference? My goal is to do some moon viewing but it would be great to see some cool deep space objects too. +
      One final thought, how much does the auto star tracking feature help or hurt the image quality? I mean on a 20 second+ exposure the object is going to move some amount, is the Nexstar tracking system really able to keep the object that precisely still in the optics? Or should I just expect to get blurry spots of light when photographing deep space objects?
      Thanks
    • By Sunshine
      Unexpectedly i ran into a guy selling a Neximage 5 imager for just $70 canadian so i figured it would be a decent beginners camera and since i'm an imaging noobie i just grabbed it.
      I am aware it will not be for solar but i figured why not start with small steps in imaging before i buy my good camera, $70 is not a pile to waste should i only use it on limited objects then never touch it again lol.
      Does anyone out there have any tips and tricks that would be useful in my attempts for first time imaging??.
    • By Krisko
      Hello everyone !
      Im interested in stargazing , but i dont have any expirience. My question is : is celestron powerseeker 70az good enough to see jupiter and saturn rings clearly ? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.