SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

new bins and clear skyes

steve1

Have just ordered new binoculars fujinon 16x70 i fancied a bit more power to get darker Skye's,through these light polluted Skye's.i have the fujinon 10x50,and have been more than satisfied with them,the view through the fujinons is sharp right to the edge.Have thought about getting the nikon 18x70,but after reading some of the reports in the various astronomy forums,ie the edge sharpness was not as good as with the fujinon ,plus the cost of the glasses being a bit dearer,i decided to stick with fujinon ,thats not to say the nikons are a bad binocular they are not,i have a pair of 8x32se nikons that are sharp to the edge,great for bird watching Oh before i go i have orderer cloudless nights and dark Skye's,that might come with the new bins,but i am not holding my breath on that one :laugh:

It's a very popular saying that the amoun t of clouds is directly proportional to the amount of money you've just spent on new equipment.

I've got an old pair of 12x50 greenkats that are about 100 years old. Excellent optics though, and just about light enough to grab and go when the breaks apear between the clouds. 0 cool down time too!

You'll love your fujinon 16x70's but i would consider some sort of tripod for them, as you might find they are a little too high magnificatin to hold steady in your hands.

Hi Tom i have never looked through the revalavation or aopogee.But if you go to the cloudynights webb site ,the go to the binocular forum then into binocular mini review you will find three reviews on the apogee ra -88-sa..hope that helps :laugh:

Archived