SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Short and Sweet.

Astro Imp

Just come in for evening meal having spent a great hour or so.

Started just cruising the terminator before settling on Clavius.

This looks as well as I've ever seen this great feature. Loads of detail to be seen on the floor with a rille showing to the north of Clavius C, I don't recall spotting this before.

Whilst in the area I looked south east to Moretus, the eastern wall was casting a shadow which looked like the wings of a bird, also the central peak was throwing a long triangular shadow.

Just finished enjoying my grub, more later.

Well done Alan. :) I had a short  session just now too also. Nice and clear when setting up my two ‘fracs for some unguided viewing on my Skytee2 mount tonight for a few hours as the forcast predicted cloud to close in around 9pm. Sadly, clouds decided differently and closed in much earlier. Only managed some very brief looks of the moon, but did manage to see the straight wall very easily with the larger ‘frac, and split Castor easily with it and my 10mm Delos EP. Quick viewing also of M42, but looking well washed out with the moon close by. 

Hi Gus, good you managed some viewing, I also caught the straight wall which wasn't ideally placed, a bit away from the terminator. 

Went out again later and had a great view of Copernicus, and a few other features near the terminator but packed up as the clouds started and everything was dripping with dew.

Archived