Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 I think the 'M' stands for 'Misty'

steppenwolf

This image took a lot of work and I'm really not that happy with it - despite there being 31 subs. of 400 seconds each, I just cannot get any good detail out of it - did I get the focus wrong perhaps? The sky conditions were very damp indeed so this could just be that I was shooting through a haze of water droplets!

m33_280908_l.jpg

Steve

We're our own fiercest critic..... I posted one of M33 a couple of days ago and was re-working it last night, as I think my first effort is too "crunchy" on the contrast :smiley: . I'll be re-posting it this evening.

I think your image is spot on (albeit with a bit less green in the background as Martin noted).

cheers

RB

I have to agree with the other guys,Steve. You are are your own worst critic. :smiley: I think the 'misty' effect of the galaxy is rather cool!I've had a quick lunchtime crack at reducing the greenish tint to the background and with a bit more work I think you will have a cracker image there.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Thanks for all your comments folks - very helpful indeed. I was concentrating so much on the lack of crispness in the galaxy itself that that I had overlooked the green tint but Cloudwatcher's re-work has made it crystal clear that the green is an issue that I will have a go at later!

Well, I have had a little play and attacked the green but you probably know what it is like when you have worked on the same image for a long time, every change in one direction has an adverse effect somewhere else so I will have a proper play later!

Looks sharp enough Steve. Just one of those occasions where you do everything as per usual and the results don't match your expectations, so I reckon it must be atmospherics. I think M33 is particularly susceptible to the conditions when we shoot it in the Autumn.

Mark

Archived