SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 With a little help from my friends

robindurant

Hi Rog

"Final process" yes I can't do any more with it with my limited capabilities. I would be interested if any one else could get a better result. The thing to bear in mind is that I live in Brighton and the skies are mostly carp. I'm sure the result is due to this factor.

This was 40 stacked out of 100 so I had enough subs.

Robin

Hi Robin, yes have to agree, thats why i dont do many , i have bad light pollution where its best to catch them ,but once they move to the east and highter up i I,m ok.but what you have done is still a nice image , so be pleased with that , DSO Nebs will be better for you, so guiding will be needed ,this i,m sure will give you far more pleasure,as filters here will make the job far easier.

Rog

Hello Robin did a bit of contrast masking to see if i could bring down the bright core and bring out dustlanes

First duplicate layer and apply Gaussian blur 9.9 px in this case.

Next adjustments,invert.

Then goto layers box change blending mode from normal to overlay you may need to fiddle with opacity i left it to 100 in this case

Finish off with some curves.

here is results Mick. ps sorry forgot to set blackpoint tis a bit blue

8952_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived