Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Berlebach tripod parts?

I have a tripod calling itself "BC&F Astro-Engineering by Berlebach" which I got used a year or so ago. It's a lovely bit of kit, but didn't quite fit my HEQ5 - the pin that the HEQ5 azimuth adjustment screws push against for adjusting polar alignment wasn't in the right place so the mount head couldn't fit onto the tripod. A hacksaw fixed that and the HEQ5 now fits fine, but it's not possible to do precise polar alignment with it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a replacement top plate for it so that the HEQ5 works correctly - anywhere in the UK do spares for it?

Hello Ben,

I bought the same tripod last year supposedly to fit the LXD55 mount, it did not fit either but I managed to get away with a bit of filing and all was well. I also wanted to beef up the clamping of the legs and the wooden spreader/table so I contacted Berlebeg and they were able to supply within the week. Suggest you go straight to Berlebe

Dve Cooke

Archived