Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
callump

BAA Deep Sky Section meeting 2018

British Astronomical Association Deep Sky Section will be holding it's annual meeting on Sunday 4th March at Bedford School, Bedford.

Topics to include: variable nebulae, double star observing, visual observing Arp catalogue objects, imaging, and ancient galaxies.

Price is only £6 for BAA members (and usual concessions) and £10 for non-members, includes lunch.

Full details and you can book online at: https://britastro.org/deepsky2018

Hope to see you there!

/callump

• Thanks 1

For anyone who has never been to these meetings I have one word - GO.  For the price of a couple of pints you get a whole day of really great talks, a nice lunch and you get to meet some interesting people.

Hope to see you there.

• Like 2

I'll be there. I need to learn more about the Deep Sky. 

Looking forward to it.

James

• Like 1

I  know Callum has not posted here but this meeting has been called off due to the weather and will now take place at the same venue on the 22nd April.

Owen

Thanks for posting Owen - yes, this is right - programme will be substantially the same though one speaker cannot make the new date.

Callum

Another great meeting.  Thanks to all at BAA and Bedford Astronomical Society (inc. Daz and Tracey) for a really interesting day.

• Like 2

Being in my home town, and organized by my Astro Society , I naturally attended what was a very interesting day, and enjoyed lunch in the company of Dr Nick Hewitt, one of the speakers.

All of the lectures were superb, and I shall certainly attend more of these in the future.

Even came away with two superb Celestron Ultima eyepieces, bought from a fellow BAS member !! :happy11:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 2