Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Free Android app - APT DC

Yoddha

12 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Hi, I'm having trouble with the app on both my devices. I've got a saved location set up on both and attempt to switch to it and what ever I try, refresh, save and calc etc, my DSD times are N/A. The app is up to date, and have tried with location services on or off.

6.1 and 4.3

Anything you can suggest I try please?

Hello,

The Moon is big now and there is no absolute darkness... Could you try to change the date using Prev/Next or by tapping on the date?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I hate to say this but... it doesn't do very much does it? I get the same from Clear Outside app and that tells me the weather as well.

Hi Neil,

It is matter of taste :) I prefer to use other forecast and this app fits my needs to check if particular night has enough time for imaging ;)

Also it was fun to build it (in fact my wife made the Android version, I built the iOS). It is absolutely free - no ads, no tracking or marketing data gathering. If it is useful for somebody - great! If it is not - nothing bad is happening :) It is a gift for the community - wanted or unwanted :D

BTW I also use it for a fast way to see my GPS coordinates ;) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Yoddha said:

It is a gift for the community - wanted or unwanted :D

Well said.

I will say the one thing that would make it more useful and that no other apps appear to do: a graph showing the relative sky darkness at 15-minute intervals, if you could add an estimate of your local light pollution level it would show the point when your skies are unlikely to improve further.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello,

APT DC for Android is updated to 1.9 :)

https://www.ideiki.com/astro/MobileApps.aspx

2019/03/26 - v1.9 New features and fixes
-Added NB Time - Narrow Band time (for imaging with NB filters)
-Added option to show more data for the current location
-Fixed calculations in the day of solstice
-Fixed Moon rise wrong calculation in rare cases
-Fixed calculations in the day of Daylight Saving change

Edited by Yoddha
  • Thanks 1

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your interest!

There is no such checklist as APT usage depends on the used setup. Usually the initial tests could be made with the default setting :) Of course if you have a question or suggestion the fastest way to contact me is in the APT's forum :) 

• Thanks 1