Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Neb and Running Man

Ant

Not a patch on SteveL's, in two minds whether to post or not...

This was taken with an ED80 and 300D (unmodded). 1 Minute subs, 140 of them... 50 darks (no flats or bias).

Guided with a DMK21 through a Skymax127 with a Meade 6.3FR, using PHD.

Stacked in DSS and processed in CS2.

8912_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

It's a very different image to Steve's. His lays the region bare but this is a really sweet image. Nice colour, a well handled core and lovely looking stars. On my monitor I can see the dim out ter nebulosity round the bottom of M42. The running man is showing up very nicely.

You must be really pleased with it Ant, it's excellent

This is a lovely image with colouring typical of an un-modded DSLR - both the Running Man Nebula and the Great Orion Nebula have come out very well so you should be very pleased with the image. You shouldn't compare it with images taken with astro-ccd cameras as these collect light at different wavelengths to those available to you with your 300D.

That's a cracking image Ant...and if we all stopped posting images which weren't in the big boys leauge the forum would be a poorer place.

I am a firm believer in "warts and all image" - not suggesting theres any warts in your image - posting as it shows what you sometimes have to deal with on the way to a finished image.

Lovely field... by the way... :smiley:

Billy...

Archived