Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 & M82

Davide Simonetti

It's been a while since I posted anything here so here is my latest image. I'm starting the new year with a new camera (Zwo ASI 1600 MC) and I'm learning how to use it so I've been experimenting with different exposure times and gain settings (in this shot I mixed various exposures at Unity Gain with some at maximum gain to see what came out). I'm pretty pleased with the result but this was really just an experiment - in future I'll have a better idea as to what settings to use in order to reduce noise even further - but wow, what a difference from using a DSLR. Now, if the weather would only improve...

combo 10.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 22:43, Allinthehead said:

Looks promising. Is this the one shot colour version?

Yes, I thought hard about going for the mono version but my budget couldn't stretch that far and I don't think I'm quite ready for narrowband imaging just yet (definitely something for the future though) :happy11:

Archived