Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Builder

New to the technical side

I’ve been looking up st the Stars with Telescopes I’d put together from various other scopes, but late last year I decided to get more involved with it. I’ve purchased at least 15 books on Astronomy. I’m starting to piece together how the start Charts and Math and which tools are best used on the subject of Astronomy and so far self taught. I don’t know anyone else that’s doing it. I stumbled into this site looking for something totally unrelated and just see what’s here. 

I’m primarily interested in just about everything on the subject.

Maybe I should have did this early. 

Hello everyone. 

Hello, Builder.

Seems like you’re having fun ... and that’s what it’s all about!

On 1/21/2018 at 04:15, Floater said:

Hello, Builder.

Seems like you’re having fun ... and that’s what it’s all about!

Most definitely. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StarFiveSky
      Need a bit of help to narrow down what I see, I've wanted to buy a telescope a year ago but a couple of things stopped that decision.
      Saw a strong bright glowing star in the cloudless sky so I picked up my old binoculars laying around. I appended three images, one what my phone saw, secondly the raw image, thirdly a star map pointing towards the object (center-ish).
      I know it feels pretty laughable for s.o with an 8" GOTO + 5 yrs of experience, but maybe we can attempt to locate the object anyway ;)

IMG_20200312_191702.dng
    • By Phillips6549
      With several clear nights over the past week,  I've been playing with the Synscan Pro app (Android) in conjunction with a Synscan WiFi adapter on an EQ3Pro mount.  I have to say I'm generally quite impressed.  Much cheaper than buying a traditional handset.  
      However,  this evening I was trying to "creep up" on the Andromeda Galaxy by star hopping towards it via Mirach,  Mu Andromedae and Nu Andromedae.  Mirach was no problem but the other stars were not available for selection in the app.  Am I missing something?  I couldn't find any way to enter an SAO number or any other catalogue number to find the minor stars.  
      Is this a limitation of the app?  Or the adapter perhaps?  Or is it me? 
      Clear skies, 
      Mark. 
    • By codeman
      NGC6559 at the center of the milkyway is a photo I created from RGB filters only and at BIN1.

Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6
      Mount: DDM 85 Unguided
      Camera: FLI 16200 Mono
      Filters: Astrodon

Thanks for watching
      Haim Huli

My Flickr Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/
    • By Stu Todd
      Hello fellow astronomers,
      Proudly announcing the southern hemispheres NZ  astronomy main event opening every Sunday from 7.30 pm, from the 7th April.
      We welcome visitors and can accommodate you in our beautiful, dark, southern town.

Please contact dunedin.astronomy@gmail.com 

Kia Ora! 

p.s This is Dunedin, New Zealand, not Dunedin, FL!

• By JaydenvdH
      National Geographic 90/1250 maksutov is my telescope  and thanks for all the replies and support of my previous post it helped me alot and i figured out how to see the moon for example in beautiful quality
      but there's the problem i have. I can only see good views and a sharp sight of the moon but that's about it. Do i need a better lens that can zoom even more out or is this the limit of my telescope?
      Please let me know if you know a solution to this. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.