Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
JimB

AZ-EQ5 and QHY Polemaster question

Hello.

I am considering getting a QHY Polemaster for my AZ-EQ5 mount. Has any one used this combination and did it work well? Also I have heard that the Polemaster can wash out if light pollution is present, how much of a problem is this? The light pollution is not bad but I have to look over the house to see Polaris and I wonder could overspillfrom it wash out the Polemaster. I would suppose this to in part depend on how wide the Polemasters' field of view is. Any observations and advice would be welcome.

Jim

Edited by JimB

As no one seems to know I will have to find out the hard way,- just bought one. Maybe I will be able to contribute some help to some one else for a change.

I live in the suburbs of London and still had to increase the brightness to see the smaller stars.

carole

Thank you Carastro, I'll bear that in mind when I set mine up.

It will still perform, if I'm out the front of my house there's a led streetlight right where I don't need it..its ok if it's fairly transparent skies..jumps about abit on the final alignment part if it's not that clear

As Carole said you just need to increase the gain, I have never had a problem wherever I have been with it, it just works.