Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

just used some ep`s

nightfisher

Just had the 127 Maksutov out for a bit of Luna gazing, it occured to me i dont do much visual these days.

I had left it a bit late as the Moon was setting by the time i had got the scope out, so spent a little while at mare crisium, best feature as the luna surface was getting a bit murky, but nice to get at the eyepiece even if it was brief.....and very cold

Nice one Jules, I still enjoy visual on lunar. I particularly remember some fine views with my old 127 Mak and binoviewers on the moon a great combination even with relatively cheap eyepieces. Your old 180 Mak excelled with the BVs as well and the views were only surpassed by my old C11.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 15:33, philj said:

Nice one Jules, I still enjoy visual on lunar. I particularly remember some fine views with my old 127 Mak and binoviewers on the moon a great combination even with relatively cheap eyepieces. Your old 180 Mak excelled with the BVs as well and the views were only surpassed by my old C11.

That's what I was thinking. Can't imagine having a Mak and not looking at the moon, at very least. 

Archived