Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to FLO Astronomik!

FLO

welcome_astronomik_banner.jpg.65bfbcc62dac243c2dedbc1ef7e5adf9.jpg

We are very pleased to announced the addition of Astronomik Filters to our website!

Our first stock order is on it's way, due to arrive early next week and we are confident we will be one of the largest Astronomik dealers in the UK.

It's been very interesting familiarising ourselves with these filters over the past few weeks, for example did you know the ProPlanet 642 BP IR-pass filter can help with guiding quality? I'd not considered adding a filter to a guide camera before but when you think about it, it does make perfect sense!

Any questions or if you spot any typos, please get in touch :)

9 minutes ago, FLO said:

welcome_astronomik_banner.jpg.65bfbcc62dac243c2dedbc1ef7e5adf9.jpg

We are very pleased to announced the addition of Astronomik Filters to our website!

Our first stock order is on it's way, due to arrive early next week and we are confident we will be one of the largest Astronomik dealers in the UK.

It's been very interesting familiarising ourselves with these filters over the past few weeks, for example did you know the ProPlanet 642 BP IR-pass filter can help with guiding quality? I'd not considered adding a filter to a guide camera before but when you think about it, it does make perfect sense!

I sometimes use a IR pass filter on the front of my 50mm guidescope - it reduces the city background skyglow considerably :) I sometimes also image in IR for the same reason - of course, no colour then!

Louise

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Typo notification. :-)

Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-pass Filter

and

Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-pass Filter

Our nearest neighbour is the Moon, it is the only moon in the solar system that should be used always with a capital M. Because that is it's name like a capital M for Mars and J for Jupiter.

I'm impressed!

:icon_mrgreen:lly

7 hours ago, FLO said:

Transmission Chart

ak_ha-ccd_12nm_transmission_chart.png

• The horizontal axis is the Wavelength in Nanometers (nm). 400nm is deep blue, at 520nm the human eye senses green and at 600nm red. At 656nm is the famous "H-Alpha" emission line of hydrogen.
  • The transmission in % is plotted on the vertical axis.
  • The blue line shows the transmission of the filter.
  • The most important emission lines from nebulas are shown in orange. The most important lines are from ionised Hydrogen (H-alpha and H-beta) and double ionised oxygen (OIII).

The red line shows the transmission of the filter. The emission lines are not shown in the transmission chart.

45 minutes ago, Tim said:

Another excellent addition to FLO's offering :)

+1

16 hours ago, FLO said:

The text describing a few filters towards the bottom of the page states ‘increased enormous’ instead of ‘enormously ‘ . Well you did ask! ?

Great range of filters btw 

11 hours ago, wimvb said:

Transmission Chart

ak_ha-ccd_12nm_transmission_chart.png

• The horizontal axis is the Wavelength in Nanometers (nm). 400nm is deep blue, at 520nm the human eye senses green and at 600nm red. At 656nm is the famous "H-Alpha" emission line of hydrogen.
  • The transmission in % is plotted on the vertical axis.
  • The blue line shows the transmission of the filter.
  • The most important emission lines from nebulas are shown in orange. The most important lines are from ionised Hydrogen (H-alpha and H-beta) and double ionised oxygen (OIII).

The red line shows the transmission of the filter. The emission lines are not shown in the transmission chart.

+1

That's not down to FLO, it comes from the Astronomik site, seen it before.

with lot´s of tests

Ahem!

Also:

Clear "Wood-Effect" images (?)

Not Hot-Spot from longer IR! (??)

lLw priced filter for getting started in H-alpha imaging

Fffective reduction of Seeing

(I suspect all of these are a result of Astronomik's translation, rather than Flo's).

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomik-filters/astronomik-proplanet-642-bp-ir-pass-filter.html

Well you did ask... (and I bet you are wishing you hadn't, but boy are you getting some web traffic for those filters :happy11: ).

Archived