Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M57 from Kelling - never thought I'd be posting in here.......!!

daz

It's been soooooooooooooooooo long since I have been able to post in here - I thought it was a lost cause...

And then SteveL came to the rescue (May the Orange on his Jaffa cakes be forever fruity!!) :smiley:

Not the greatest object in the universe, but it was straight forward and easy. I like easy!!

20 x 300 seconds captured by Maxim, no filters, SXVF-H9, imaged thru 8" newtonian, guided by PHD thru a QHY5 on ED80 using ASCOM to the handset. Flats and stacked in Maxim, tweaked in CS3 with FitsLiberator and a little bit of Noel.

Thanks must go to MartinB as well for helping with the Maxim side, and to EVERYONE who came and sat with me on the Thur and Fri, giving me supportive comments!

post-12674-133877347059_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, its got to be 10 out of 10 for 'staying power', and shows there to be some truth in the old saying "if at first you don't succeed.................". Robert the Bruce would be proud of you :hello1:

Not only success, but a damn good image to show for it, and if that isn't encouragement for you, I don't know what is.

Well done Daz!! :salute:

Dave

Thank you all - very kind.

I can't tell you the feeling of relief when the images pop out of the screen!! Onto bigger and better things!

Oh, and John, thanks for the loan of the light-box. Have given the parts list to my brother-in-law :smiley:

It sound as though you have triumphed over adversity Daz. Problems plague you did they?.

You have sure put them behind you then, with this. If you've been away a long time, it doesn't show mate. The second work is a mono marvel. Your Fruity Orange description was good too.

I never had SteveL down as a Jaffa Cake scoffer. I did see him scrutinizing the frying Bacon in one of the Pictures though. :smiley:

Ron. :bino2:

Archived