sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

I bought two of these, hoping to use them in a binoviewer but unfortunately they were not a matched pair (were not sold as such) and I could not get the image merged in the BV. So, I'm offering one for sale at £60 including P&P. I'm keeping the other because it's super sharp, very nice eyepiece. Comes with a box but no caps, some cosmetic marks but optically excellent.

Meade RG 7mm Ortho.jpg

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Nice one Steve! Andromeda will love that, at x272!

(My former D&G 5" F15?).

Dave

Of course Dave, that power is at native as you well know, but if the atmospheric conditions are kind, then using the  OCS  I can get X381. :bino2:

Edited by Saganite
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CosmicRayResearcher
      Hello! I am new here and have a kinda weird question for you guys.

I am a cosmic ray researcher with the Pierre Auger Observatory and I am building a UV laser system to calibrate some of our telescopes.

To do this, we need:
      Self levelling powered steering AZ mount that hit point to the Zenith with high accuracy (most important) and also point to any zenith/azimuth angle we may need. It would be great if it worked well with Linux Battery power is a plus but we will have 24V DC available for the laser already so it is not critical Can handle a payload which is ~10kg and 40cm long Is less than 1000€ before tax Is there any really reliable option that meets this criteria?

The mount we are currently looking at is the iOptitron AZ Pro but this is just past the 1000€ mark we want to hit.

I am really new at this sort of thing so any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
    • By DiZZyViZiON
      Hi. Complete newbie to the hobby here. Just purchased a Meade Lightbridge 130 for my daughter as an upgrade to her Skywatcher Infinity 76. I'd like for her to see the rings of Saturn sometime with her new scope. Would getting a better lens improve her chances of a good view of the rings of Saturn? And if so, what lens would you recommend. Thank you
    • By kaslonpro
      I am excited to join this big star gazing community! I realize I am abusing of your kindness, so that you in advance for any help you can give.
      I have an old telescope, what appears to be a Meade ETX 90 from the early 2000s. I cleaned it pretty well after many Youtube videos and online research. I found full blown spider webs and dead spiders!
      I have encountered a few of issues as I'm putting it back together and I wonder if anyone might be able to help.
      1. I took off the screws of the back of my OTA (I know I shouldn't have!) and now I'm not sure how to put them back on (see attachments). When I try it seems to push the primary mirror instead of fastening to anything. 
      2. My secondary mirror flip is broken, the plastic piece part fell off. Is it possible to fix? The mirror itself is also very dirty (see attachments) and I don't think it can be cleaned further. Any tips on how to replace it and where to buy the parts? Or is it possible to not use the 90 eye piece viewport and instead use the front one so I don't need to fix the flip or the mirror?
      4. My secondary baffle is sliding off. I've read that this is a problem w/older models. I tried pushing it to the right place and it requires some force, but after 1 minute it slides back to its original place. What should I do? Does this matter?
      5. The plastic attachment to hold the smaller lens (finderscope?) wobbles no matter how tightly I screw it on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the front plastic part being a little broken.
      Thank you for your help in advance, and I am still learning terminology so be easy on me

• By alex_stars
      Dear esteemed Stargazers,
      I would like to ask for some recommendations for an eyepiece I look for. First off, I have a 7" Mak with 2700 mm focal length. So I figure, a 12.5 (or 12.0) mm EP should be very nice to start viewing planets (my main interest) on good nights. This would result in 0.83 (0.8) mm exit pupil and 216x (225x) magnification. So far so good and I really would like to add some fixed focal length EPs to my collection as I only own 8-24 mm zoom.
      The conundrum starts with the choice of EP design and three choices I face
      shall I go old school style and buy a 12.5 mm orthoscopic EP (Takahashi or Masuyama)? or shall I  buy a more modern design with more eye relief and go for a 12 mm Vixen SLV? or do I completely miss an eyepiece and should go for that? Thus I thought I tap into the collective wisdom of the community and ask for advice.
      Clear skies,
      Alex
    • By Varavall
      I am selling my Meade LX90 8" EMC with many accessories due to equipment upgrade, so this lovely scope needs a new home. All in excellent condition; no rust, battery boxes spotless, all motors function perfectly, holds collimation extremely well (only had to collimate once in the past 2 years), when well polar aligned I have achieved 3 minute unguided DSLR exposures.
      What's included:
      Meade LX90 8" EMC (in original Meade foam-filled shipping box)
      Meade 8x50 finderscope
      Meade standard field tripod

Meade equatorial wedge (replacement bolts to hold telescope and adjust azimuth)
      Meade AUDIOSTAR handset (under 2 years old) in original box (Provides much more functionality than the original Autostar)
      Meade UHTC flip-mirror system for photography
      Meade 1.25" eyepieces: 40mm 32mm 26mm 15mm 12.4mm 6.4mm
      Meade 1.25" telenegative amplifier air spaced triplet barlow
      Meade series 4000 1.25" filters x5
      Meade erecting prism and a 90° eyepiece holder
      Celestron 2" Mirror diagonal Starbright XLT with 1.25" adapter in original aluminium case
      Meade #505 cable connector set to connect PC to handset to control mount and update firmware
      Meade ST-4 module for connecting a guide camera to the mount
      Meade handset holder
      Meade front counterweight
      Jessops flight case to hold eyepieces, etc.
      PRICE: SOLD
      Please ask for more photos/information. Price includes shipping to Western Europe. Paypal preferred.

SOLD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.