Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL Mini Spring Star Party

Grant

Well I've started to get ready, I gave my Vixen Orion P-80L first light last weekend to check its performance for this coming weekend, was not all that impressed when I checked the intrafocus and extrafocus star images, suspected collimation out! So checked the collimation today with my Cheshire eyepiece. The collimation was out by quite a margin. All has been put right! Wahey I get to use my Vixen this weekend :)

Better put it all away this weekend. I will be turning up on Friday night @AstroGnome

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to leave it until the last minute and only travel down if there is a decent forecast. Would normally go anyway, but a succession of unfortunate events this year have put paid to that.

Unfortunately I have to drop out due to an unforeseen commitment at home.

Hope you all have a great weekend - it's good to see that the forecast is improving.

Hopefully I'll meet you another time. Clear skies!

9 hours ago, AdeKing said:

I'm starting to get ready and will be there from Friday @AstroGnome.

It's lovely here in Poole tonight, hope you're enjoying the dark skies over on Cranborne Chase.

The sky last night was superb. My night was only cut short due to moisture and a little coating of frost on everything, including me. Bring your thermals it's due to get cooler at the weekend.

Unfortunately my dog has recently had an operation, which in itself would not have been a problem. The other family member that would of looked after my dog at the weekend, now has to work. So I will have to stay home to look after the dog. If I get a chance I may pop over if that is ok? 

On site, pitched and ‘Shirazing’! Arrived in sunshine but it has rained a little since. It’s a nice campsite and we received a warm welcome from Steve on arrival. The restaurant looks good and most importantly, it serves a full English breakfast on Saturday’s and Sunday’s.

See ya’ll soon.

Just now, steppenwolf said:

On site, pitched and ‘Shirazing’! Arrived in sunshine but it has rained a little since. It’s a nice campsite and we received a warm welcome from Steve on arrival. The restaurant looks good and most importantly, it serves a full English breakfast on Saturday’s and Sunday’s.

See ya’ll soon.

Do they do dinners too Steve? Trying to decide how much cooking stuff, if any to bring!

Snow has stopped although no sign of a break in the clouds. However an enjoyable afternoon was had here: https://m.facebook.com/thepennytap/

Well worth a visit if you stay here and as the only Dorset local at the gathering I'll certainly be coming back to visit.

Hope the weather improves for those of you at gatherings elsewhere.

Ade

Archived