Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL Mini Spring Star Party

Grant

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully will be able to make it, but have a bit of a family situation at the moment which will take priority.

If we can go, will take our 18" Dob. Happy to share @Jonk and anybody.

Just not sure whether to book up or not yet, so hanging fire for a week or so to see how things settle out.

I may go. 1hr 30 mins from where I live according to Google. Depends on pets' & my health. Could be a commute for 2nd day/night.

Never been to any observing community activity before. Can you drive right up to the observing site?

9 minutes ago, 25585 said:

I may go. 1hr 30 mins from where I live according to Google. Depends on pets' & my health. Could be a commute for 2nd day/night.

Never been to any observing community activity before. Can you drive right up to the observing site?

You can park outside then maybe a hundred yard walk, the gates were locked at night last time I was  there which I guess wouldn't matter if you planned on staying all night.

Dave

18 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

You can park outside then maybe a hundred yard walk, the gates were locked at night last time I was  there which I guess wouldn't matter if you planned on staying all night.

Dave

I have a 4x4 so could easily cope with off road terrain. Sleep in the car.

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, 25585 said:

If no clear skies likely, are you all still going? 

Yep :grin:,  weather outlook seems a bit up in the air ATM according to BBC Country File weather for the week it depends on a high pressure system over Scandinavia pushing against low pressure from the Atlantic to see who wins.

Dave

23 minutes ago, AstroGnome said:

Well. I'm here. Where are the rest of you :icon_question:.

Hi Mark, I'm loading stuff up but can't leave here until Friday, will stay until Tuesday morning.

How's the weather ? teeing down here.

Dave

It's actually been quite kind today. Raining in Bristol when I left but it was dry here while I set up. Bit of drizzle now though.

Been quite mild and not windy. Forecast is mixed and changing regularly. I'll keep you all posted if you like. Man in the field (literally) better than any forecast.

Think it's beans time. Maybe with a full bodied red.

4 minutes ago, AstroGnome said:

It's actually been quite kind today. Raining in Bristol when I left but it was dry here while I set up. Bit of drizzle now though.

Been quite mild and not windy. Forecast is mixed and changing regularly. I'll keep you all posted if you like. Man in the field (literally) better than any forecast.

Think it's beans time. Maybe with a full bodied red.

image.png.7a6c951fa13881ffa2a4b59ff561912a.png

Archived