SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eq5 lock/clutch knob adjust

Cancington42

I have the eq5 and the dec clutch knob tightens further than i would like. The handle is in the way when the polemaster is mounted which forces me to leave the clutch loose. I took off the screw in the middle, but it seems like it is glued in place.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. 

they usually fit over a square, brass piece. So after removing the screw, using a pair of flat bladed screwdivers, placed between the plastic and the mount, gently push down on the driver ends to release the knob.

10 hours ago, spillage said:

I agree there should not be any clutch levers near the polemaster. Do you need to move Dec/RA with a polemaster, I'm not sure as I drift align.

I agree entirely!! When using the pole master there is just RA adjustments, nothing in Dec, but it’s nice to be able to have it tight.

15 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

they usually fit over a square, brass piece. So after removing the screw, using a pair of flat bladed screwdivers, placed between the plastic and the mount, gently push down on the driver ends to release the knob.

Thanks!! That’s what i figured but didn’t want to pull out screwdrivers to get the job done. I’ll give it a go!

21 hours ago, spillage said:

A picture tells a thousand words...Yep tighten it up then remove the screw, pop off the lever and place back in the position you want. Just check that when released its not going to cause any issue then.

Did it! Worked out just fine! Thanks!!

Archived