Looking for some help and guidance in Kent

22 hours ago, Steamer Phill said:

C8 on a cg5 and a 70mm bresser skylux refractor 

Ok. If you have not got a dew shield for your C8, buy one or make one. SCT's and Mak's are dew magnets. Also allow a minimum of thirty to forty minutes cool down time if it has been stored in a warm environment before you start observing.

For the 70mm refractor should be good to go almost immediately, but I normally give my refractor (the TeleVue Ranger in my signature) about ten minutes.

If you do not have a star diagonal then another small investment, plus it saves wear and tear on your knees. If the refractor already has one, then you can use it, assuming the C8 has a 1.25" visual back.

2 hours ago, JOC said:

NOVICE with TWO scopes hope you don't mind me asking, but interested in how did you ended up with two?  I find one hard enough to find time to use LOL

You think two is hard enough... I have three....  :angel9: and some SGL'ers have more... :Envy:

NOVICE with TWO scopes hope you don't mind me asking, but interested in how did you ended up with two?  I find one hard enough to find time to use LOL

You think two is hard enough... I have three....  :angel9: and some SGL'ers have more... :Envy:

I have 6 !!

ED80, ED120, WOZS71, SW130PDS, ETX105 and ETX125 (both deforked for planetary).  

I choose which one to use according to size of target and whether I am using a dual rig. 

I'm in Kent too Steamer Phill but SE London/Kent.  So probably easier to find some-one closer.

Carole 

Archived