Jump to content

Banner.jpg.b6007b69ccdf5c69bf18273ddfe023df.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party 2018


Freff
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bingevader said:

I can remember going up Pen y Fan in the snow, absolutely glorious!

Holidays are coming!

Best of luck all. :)

 

Yea...but we tow our caravans up there. :icon_biggrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may get to the Campsite on Weds depending on work and the weather. 

Tony, I will let you know on Weds morning if I am coming up in the afternoon. Otherwise I will get there on Thursday.

 

Cheers,

          Justyn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got here around midday and got set up, then we popped up to the Priory for lunch at two, very nice it were too 

I can't see there being much scope action tonight though. 

DSC_0506.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, reddoss said:

I may get to the Campsite on Weds depending on work and the weather. 

Tony, I will let you know on Weds morning if I am coming up in the afternoon. Otherwise I will get there on Thursday.

 

Cheers,

          Justyn

 I'll be there on Tuesday midday Justyn.

If you can get there on Wednesday great, just give Gerwyn a ring to let him know in case I don't get your message.

If I see Gerwyn first I'll let him know you may be arriving early.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, tich said:

I got here around midday and got set up, then we popped up to the Priory for lunch at two, very nice it were too 

I can't see there being much scope action tonight though. 

DSC_0506.JPG

I've seen that burger van somewhere before!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

 

See you soon Tich

Edited by reddoss
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't forget guys if you are cancelling or delaying your stay, please inform Pencelli Castle Campsite or myself within 72 hrs of your booking date.

It gives them time to rearrange pitches or sell the unused ones.

If you don't then it comes out of my pocket. :sad:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up Tony. If I can, I'll cancel Thurs based on weather. If I can't cancel without a charge because it's too late, I'm probably going to turn up on Fri but happy to reimburse you for the Thurs as I don't expect you to pay for me out of your pocket. Let me know what works for you.

Steve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Thanks for the heads up Tony. If I can, I'll cancel Thurs based on weather. If I can't cancel without a charge because it's too late, I'm probably going to turn up on Fri but happy to reimburse you for the Thurs as I don't expect you to pay for me out of your pocket. Let me know what works for you.

Steve 

Tony, sorry I re read the note above and it's not that clear. What I mean is can I cancel Thurs with you (assuming you don't incur a charge) if it's too late to cancel, I'm happy to pay you when I turn up. 

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No problem Steve, sometimes it's unavoidable. I'll contact the site and let them know.

It's a bit of a roll over from when we had the star camp in Oct/Nov and there were more 'civvy' campers about.

They were made to move or given a pitch other than their prefered when booking or extending their stay.

Then what happened was members of our party not turning up without notice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tony has arrived today & I've been doing a spot of soalr although the Sun is looking very quiet today, thanks Tony for knocking me up the adapter plate as it makes the old vixen mount much more usuable now & it will be spot on for outreach events.
5aa7edb7034e3_Vixenmodcomplete.thumb.jpg.786837082afa3bc8ff62463fbf7ce8f2.jpg

It seems to handle the 3 scopes quite well although I'll probably only use 2.

5aa7ee5378e65_vixenmodcomplete01.thumb.jpg.15932a733c67d88702947526f1453ff1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, tich said:

Tony has arrived today & I've been doing a spot of soalr although the Sun is looking very quiet today, thanks Tony for knocking me up the adapter plate as it makes the old vixen mount much more usuable now & it will be spot on for outreach events.
5aa7edb7034e3_Vixenmodcomplete.thumb.jpg.786837082afa3bc8ff62463fbf7ce8f2.jpg

It seems to handle the 3 scopes quite well although I'll probably only use 2.

5aa7ee5378e65_vixenmodcomplete01.thumb.jpg.15932a733c67d88702947526f1453ff1.jpg

I hope the skies clear for you all, I may be about in the near future after working away and a house move  I’ll keep my fingers crossed stuy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chaps, Absolutely gutted..... I am  Really sorry but I have called the Reception This morning and cancelled my pitch for this weekend as there is now a yellow warning of snow , and to be honest, i don't  fancy driving the motorhome in that sort of weather.

Quick Message for Tony : I offered to pay a cancellation fee but was told that there was not one required, I guess its because i am a regular at the site over the years.....

Really sorry once again chaps and look forward to the next meet up.

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No problem Paul. If it snows I'm staying put. I'm sure the local pub has enough food for myself and Tich. 

The deposit rule is meant for those who give no notice at all. It's prefered 72hrs notice so the pitches can be resold or reorganised.

The owners are pretty good with us regulars, but I'm sure it's your good looks and personality that won them over. :icon_mrgreen:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sun is out, the sky is blue

There's not a cloud to spoil the view.

The weatherman says clear today

he doesn't know I'm booked in to stay

Kettle is on, and Tich making the welcome sandwiches. :hello2:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tony,

Based on the weather forecast, I have also decided to cancel the weekend. I gave phoned the reception and cancelled and they were kind enough not to charge me and that is very much appreciated.  I'm so disappointed I won't be there but the risk of getting caught in the snow and not being able to get back for work has forced my decision.  I hope you all  have a great time and I hope to get along next year or in the autumn if you have another event.

once again, apologies

Steve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.