Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party 2018

Freff

I am pleased to announce that the South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) has arranged our spring  Star Party again at the superb Pencelli Castle Caravan & Camping Park. Sited in the Brecon Beacons National Park and Dark Sky Reserve, this location offers some truly dark skies which are excellent for observing and imaging. Please read Site Conditions.

The main nights will be  Thurs 15th - Sat 17th March 2018. The New Moon is on Friday 18th. The Oaks has been reserved from Thurs 15th - Sunday 18th March 2018 inclusive. Anyone wanting additional nights outside these dates please let me know as soon as possible.

Pitches and hard standings (about 25) have been reserved for us in the Oaks area. All pitches have EHU and have the least obstructed views of the night sky. If bookings exceed the pitches on the Oaks, there is the Meadows area that can be used for tents only but has no EHU. This area also offers excellent views.  The Meadows cannot be booked until the Oaks has been filled. This will avoid unfilled pitches on the Oaks being used by the public during the event.

Bookings as last year will be made directly through me. This will avoid any difficulties contacting the campsite wardens or any confusion between their booking list and ours. Payments for your pitch can be paid on arrival at Pencelli Castle.

Cancellation Policy  I do not ask for a the £25 deposit up front but do expect any cancellations to be made 72 hours prior to arrival. I will then contact the Camesite with the details. If not you will be asked to honor the policy. 

Please Do Not Contact Pencelli Caravan Park for Bookings. They Will Not Have Our Pitch Allocations And Won’t Know Where To Put You.

When booking please PM me your SGL name and real name for our records/planning. Your real name will be forwarded to the campsite for their registration/booking. Also your preferred pitch if you have one. Pitch allocations will be posted on the forum in your SGL name as they come in.

If you attended last year, then all that’s required is your SGL name, the nights you require with or without EHU, and prefered pitch.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me either email or PM.

We hope you can make it to the South Wales Group 7th Star Party we look forward to seeing you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, L8-Nite said:

Hi Tich, you'll have Dorothy and I for neighbours.  I would have felt guilty claim jumping your pitch. :grin:

Can't have my pitch nabbed by anyone lol, it'll be nice to see you both again & catch up, the same goes for any other of the regulars who are going & meeting some new faces too. :icon_biggrin:

Here are the initial bookings and pitch allocations. There may be some shuffling about nearer to the date.

This is to ensure the group is kept tight and avoid any 'civilians' getting into the ranks with LP.

I will also post a diagram PDF and picture of the pitches and their number.

mickD                           Pitch    5                      15 - 17

freff                              Pitch   4                       12 - 16

tich                               Pitch   29                     11 - 17

reddross                        Pitch   13                     14 - 16

l8-nite                            Pitch   6                      14 - 16

bats                               Pitch   3                      15 -16 

astrostroll                       Pitch    7                     15 - 17

trikeflyer                         Pitch   25                    15 - 18

mdstuart                         Pitch   12                     14 - 16

bobxuk                           Pitch   15                     15 - 18

nicktys                            Pitch   28                     11 - 15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, estwing said:

easy guys...we have feelings too!!!!...there wasn't that much snow in Austria!!!

Well Cal, I guess there's plenty of snow to keep us all happy here.  Hope you had a good time there getting acclimated for the big chill here.

Go Mob. :headbang2:

Archived