Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My 1st attempt at M45 using a Star Adventurer & Canon 135mm lems

Ryan_86

Hi all, here is a stack of 34x2min lights, 15 darks (no bias or flats as battery run out) lesson learnt haha.  I used a Star Adventurer, Canon 600D, 18-135mm canon lens @135, iso 1600, F5.6. 

I pretty  happy with it considering my rig was subject to 45mph winds. Luckily I had a Ford transit to shield it in some shape or form.

Anyways I on that steep learning curve with processing in PS, & am steadily working through Steve's new book.

Cheers

20180114_214004.jpg

That's quite a good result :happy11:

have you tried dropping your ISO from 1600, i remember reading somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) that an ISO of 800 is better suited to the Canon 600d for astrophotography 

Regards

Cheers pal,

I always image at no higher than iso 800. When I was framing up I experimented with the iso. I think i feared not picking up much nebulosity. Anyway when I checked the single frame, at 1600 i could see a little compared to nothing at iso 800. I totally agree with you, never agsin will I be going over 800. (A little to noisy)

Cheers

Archived