SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rigel Red 01/14/2018

It was rigel i had steped out to crank my car it is very cold i looked up an was enjoying the clear sky and the vew of the stars i turned towards orian and looked at betelguice at the right shoulder and noticed that rigel lower left was a deeper red than betelguice i have been looking at stars my whole life the only thing i can say it was red ina perfectly clear sky its about 10 degrees here

Was it low down towards the Horizon?

I didn't see it myself but have observed Venus as slightly orangey in colour when low down towards the horizon. Presumably this was due the amount of dust in the atmosphere combined with the amount of atmosphere I was looking through.

Ade

It was rigel i had steped out to crank my car it is very cold i looked up an was enjoying the clear sky and the vew of the stars i turned towards orian and looked at betelguice at the right shoulder and noticed that rigel lower left was a deeper red than betelguice i have been looking at stars my whole life the only thing i can say it was red ina perfectly clear sky its about 10 degrees here

It was pretty high about 10 oclock at night this evening i was leaving my sisters house it took an hour to get home and by the time i got home some hogh level fog had came in tomorrow i will be looking for sure with my telescope and i will be ready to get a fix pn what ever happened it was weird i have been able to explain every strange thing i ever seen like this. I have never been on any kind of a fourm ever it just took me by suprise you have good rationale and that is what it takes if you are on tomorrow i will let you know what i come up with thank you

Archived