Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

This isn't good,is it?

paul mc c

11 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

The 4 plug extension is surge protected.......is that ok.

I'm no electrician but as long as your not overloading it you should be fine. computer and monitor wont take much, i'm guessing the transformer for the mount doesn't take much either. i would also check that all the cables are in good condition especially the extension from the garage and plugged into an RCD.

45 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

The desk top,monitor,light and mou t running from extension lead from garage.

It isn't really the surge protection that matters here it is the RCD protection.  You can install one at the end in your garage where it is plugged in, and something like this will work fine.

I would advise popping it in a box of some sort, like one of those small storage boxes with a lid, just to limit the amount of dew which will settle on it over the course of an evening, as it could be quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, RayD said:

It isn't really the surge protection that matters here it is the RCD protection.  You can install one at the end in your garage where it is plugged in, and something like this will work fine.

I would advise popping it in a box of some sort, like one of those small storage boxes with a lid, just to limit the amount of dew which will settle on it over the course of an evening, as it could be quite a bit.

Ok,actually have one of these and now have the extension plug plugged into it in the garage.:hello2:

I was an electrician in a previous life (well, still am. Just not practising) and it looks ok to me. As already said, so long as it's RCD protected with an RCD that gets the test button pressed occasionally, you'll be ok. The RCD test button not only proves the mechanical operation of the RCD, it keeps the mechanism free and lubricated, so improving the chances of it operating when it should.

Just watch out for condensation and damp. I'd unplug from the mains before handling damp plugs and extension cables just to be sure! 

Archived