Narrowband

EP advice for planetary - do I go ortho?

parallaxerr

2 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

Well after all the debate, budgeting, toing & froing I've ended up pulling the trigger on a new EP for planetary work in the Equinox.

I stumbled across and read @kerrylewis's wanted ad for a 3-6mm Nagler zoom, only to discover a pre-owned one for sale at TH, supposedly in excellent condition.

Budget blown satis. Palpitations starting!

Never mind Jon, you're just soaking up the money saved on your bargain buy Equinox!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

Well after all the debate, budgeting, toing & froing I've ended up pulling the trigger on a new EP for planetary work in the Equinox.

I stumbled across and read @kerrylewis's wanted ad for a 3-6mm Nagler zoom, only to discover a pre-owned one for sale at TH, supposedly in excellent condition.

The Nagler 3-6 should do very nicely 

I was going to go down this road a few years ago of buying the Nagler zoom 3-6. But some used Pentax XW came up and some BGO also. So my route of the Nagler zoom went on a different road of XW and BGO for planetary. But by all accounts the Nagler zoom is one of the better Zooms out there and so quality wise for sharpness and clarity will be a good purchase for your equinox 

Job done by the sounds of things ☺ ?

24 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

The Nagler 3-6 should do very nicely 

I was going to go down this road a few years ago of buying the Nagler zoom 3-6. But some used Pentax XW came up and some BGO also. So my route of the Nagler zoom went on a different road of XW and BGO for planetary. But by all accounts the Nagler zoom is one of the better Zooms out there and so quality wise for sharpness and clarity will be a good purchase for your equinox 

Job done by the sounds of things ☺ ?

40 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

The next purchase I recommend once your bank balance has recovered from the Nagler zoom ,is some binoviewers. If you do not already have a set of binoviewers,then they really are a worthwhile addition . Binoviewers in the equinox I have found work really well especially on lunar. Just pulls you in to the Lunar landscape ,and two eyes really are better on this target than one IMO?                        

• 3 weeks later...

Archived