Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I need to lie down....

Alan White

1 minute ago, Alan White said:

I need to lie down in a darkened room......

Just went outside to the freezer in the garage and saw stars, yes stars covered in a nice smattering of cloud.
Could even see the Pleiades for a second or two.

I am not used to this!

I take it you are on holiday in Tenerife then? :icon_eek:

I too saw stars last night but no clouds though my all sky camera showed some thin cloud.  I was out at a meeting of our local village social group and it was well below freezing.

5a57e5dd7a092_Screenshotfrom2018-01-1122-25-12.thumb.png.e8a24494c7811ccc4ed2e64f9ad5908c.png

Sadly for me it was but a fleeting gap, nice to see something through the cloud though.

Nice it was clear in your area Gina, was clouded last night too.
I to was out, first time to Castle Point Astronomy Club, several member frequent SGL so hello all :hello2:at CPAC.

28 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Sadly for me it was but a fleeting gap, nice to see something through the cloud though.

Nice it was clear in your area Gina, was clouded last night too.
I to was out, first time to Castle Point Astronomy Club, several member frequent SGL so hello all :hello2:at CPAC.

It was good to see you at CPAC Alan, and great to see your signature “Visual Luddite Astronomer” ?

See you soon, Ed.

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

I need to lie down in a darkened room......

Just went outside to the freezer in the garage and saw stars, yes stars covered in a nice smattering of cloud.
Could even see the Pleiades for a second or two.

I am not used to this!

Are you sure you hadn't been drinking Alan??:icon_scratch::grin:

I can confirm that stars were indeed visible for a short while tonight. I even tried to get photographic proof, but they eluded capture. Glad to know I wasn't the only one to see them from Essex. I was starting to think that stars were just a myth!

Archived