Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Squeek86

Hello from N.I

hello i'm only recently getting my act together with this, although ive had an interest for my whole life.  I have a dslr camera and am looking to get into the photography side and will be purchasing a telescope hopefully sometime this year.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site!!

Hello and welcome to SGL.... looking forward to seeing your progress into Astrophotography.

Welcome. Hope you have lots of fun and great success with the AP.

Hi Squeek,

Welcome to SGL from a Portstewart Exile. As you already have the camera, best to start with a wide-angle lens and 20 to 30 sec exposures.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Lounge :)

Steve

Edited by sloz1664
Typo

thanks everyone I have took a few photos with the kit lens so far but as I'm sure you's are aware you cant see much!! I have been reading through the site so far and can see it is a minefield and I almost feel out of my depth but sure whats life without a challenge!!

Portstewart is a lovely part of the country! 

I got some pics of northern lights after about 2 weeks with the camera which really ignited my interest in all of this.  I am going to order the "every photon counts book" and hopefully will be able to input more into the site in a few months 

3 hours ago, Squeek86 said:

hello i'm only recently getting my act together with this, although ive had an interest for my whole life.  I have a dslr camera and am looking to get into the photography side and will be purchasing a telescope hopefully sometime this year.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site!!

Welcome aboard, from a fellow Norn Iron astroimager

1 hour ago, Uplooker said:

Hi Squeek,

Welcome to SGL from a Portstewart Exile. As you already have the camera, best to start with a wide-angle lens and 20 to 30 sec exposures.

We get everywhere, don't we? I'm from Portballintrae originally

• Haha 1

I'm from whitehead co. Antrim.  Yea we are spread far and wide! you can near go anywhere in the world and hear the accent lol

• Haha 1

Welcome to SGL.

Ask plenty of questions as you think of them before you buy lots of kit.
The path you tread will have been trodden by others before you, learn from the mistakes they have made.

thanks guys, I ordered the book last night so will hold off until I have read it!! at the minute im even struggling to understand what people are talking about so I clearly have a lot to learn! I never thought buying a mount would be so difficult lol but I am keen to get learning quickly

19 hours ago, Squeek86 said:

I'm from whitehead co. Antrim.  Yea we are spread far and wide! you can near go anywhere in the world and hear the accent lol

This is very true. From Cookstown myself. You should get along to the IAA meetings in Belfast. 

yes this is something I would be interested in, in the future! I think I would be a bit out of my depth at the min but the plan would be to join a club or something like you suggest

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 09:17, tooth_dr said:

This is very true. From Cookstown myself. You should get along to the IAA meetings in Belfast. 

Mmmmm, I miss them sausages ?

• Haha 2

Can you not get Veda in England? I love Veda toasted, you could eat a whole loaf in one go it’s that good :grin:

i think I’ll have an Ulster fry tomorrow :p

Tesco does do quite a reasonable Irish wheaten bread, not the one by Ian Rankin,that's awful.

Mmm.. poached eggs on toasted Veda?