Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from N.I

Squeek86

hello i'm only recently getting my act together with this, although ive had an interest for my whole life.  I have a dslr camera and am looking to get into the photography side and will be purchasing a telescope hopefully sometime this year.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks everyone I have took a few photos with the kit lens so far but as I'm sure you's are aware you cant see much!! I have been reading through the site so far and can see it is a minefield and I almost feel out of my depth but sure whats life without a challenge!!

Portstewart is a lovely part of the country! 

I got some pics of northern lights after about 2 weeks with the camera which really ignited my interest in all of this.  I am going to order the "every photon counts book" and hopefully will be able to input more into the site in a few months 

3 hours ago, Squeek86 said:

hello i'm only recently getting my act together with this, although ive had an interest for my whole life.  I have a dslr camera and am looking to get into the photography side and will be purchasing a telescope hopefully sometime this year.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site!!

Welcome aboard, from a fellow Norn Iron astroimager

1 hour ago, Uplooker said:

Hi Squeek,

Welcome to SGL from a Portstewart Exile. As you already have the camera, best to start with a wide-angle lens and 20 to 30 sec exposures.

We get everywhere, don't we? I'm from Portballintrae originally

thanks guys, I ordered the book last night so will hold off until I have read it!! at the minute im even struggling to understand what people are talking about so I clearly have a lot to learn! I never thought buying a mount would be so difficult lol but I am keen to get learning quickly

19 hours ago, Squeek86 said:

I'm from whitehead co. Antrim.  Yea we are spread far and wide! you can near go anywhere in the world and hear the accent lol

This is very true. From Cookstown myself. You should get along to the IAA meetings in Belfast. 

Archived