sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Live rocket launch

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this is a couple days ago now, but I thought I'd share this on here. On the second orbit of the Soyuz MS-18 launch I was able to listen in on the voice communication from the Russian cosmonauts

I made a rocket like SN8 when I was about ten years old.  I can understand why SpaceX may be having a few problems today.  I had terrible trouble getting the tin foil to stick to the cardboard tube.

Not sure if anyone else interested in this sort of thing, but in about 30 mins there's a live launch here: http://www.ulalaunch.com/webcast.aspx  

Posted Images

Great stuff - you have to pinch yourself to believe what you are watching sometimes ! :grin:

Well they will have learned a whole lot more - and it was a spectacular show from all perspectives !

There's an amazing video of the landing shot from the launch site, underneath SN10 as it comes in. It looks fantastic - like a movie! I'll see if I can find a link

Amazing.

As it got close ot its zenith at 10km, i.e. stationary-ish, it looked very like the Gerry Anderson Thunderbirds shots from the 1970s with gases streaming slowly off sideways!

Edited by Captain Magenta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here it is. Not official SpaceX - and the poster has added some naff music. From 8 seconds in: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1