Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

2 minutes ago, Peco4321 said:

That initial flare up of flames had me worried. 

Agreed! Seemed to scorch the sides of it!

Anyway, safely away, great to watch.

Thanks for the heads up Peter :) 

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Agreed! Seemed to scorch the sides of it!

Anyway, safely away, great to watch.

Thanks for the heads up Peter :) 

It was great to watch, I had gone a few years ago to watch a lift off at vandenberg AFB, but it is more comfortable on the computer and with explications.

Although today with smart phone it would be easier!

Stu: I am not from Barcelona (nor from California) but you show great taste in British comedy with your avatar.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ruud said:

Here's a video by Scott Manley that explains the fireball right before takeoff. It's meant to be that way.

Six minutes of video?

The live commentary said 'at X seconds the sparklers will ignite to clear away leaked hydrogen'.

4 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Six minutes of video? The live commentary said 'at X seconds the sparklers will ignite to clear away leaked hydrogen'.

Too long?

The purpose of the video is not to show the fireball, but to explain it. It tells you why and how this rocket is different than many others. That takes 6 minutes.

4 hours ago, Ruud said:

Too long?

The purpose of the video is not to show the fireball, but to explain it. It tells you why and how this rocket is different than many others. That takes 6 minutes.

Well I found it informative.. didn't realise it was the last one launched from the west coast either..  thanks..

4 hours ago, Ruud said:

Too long?

To be fair it is rather well done and he does explain the core point quite promptly.

But there are so many vids out there by people who spend ten minutes waffling and a few seconds on the actual 'meat'.

• Like 1