Narrowband

BBC Sky at Night Sunday 18th Jan

reddoss

Yes, I'd seen it in RT and was going to post but you beat me to it :D.

I think it will divide opinion here, between those who think astronomy stops at Pluto, and those who think it begins at alpha Centauri :evil4::D. (Myself, I think alpha Centauri is far too close to home :evil4:)

Looking forward to it myself, they've got Jim A-K on the program, he's always worth watching.

5 hours ago, DaveS said:

Yes, I'd seen it in RT and was going to post but you beat me to it :D.

I think it will divide opinion here, between those who think astronomy stops at Pluto, and those who think it begins at alpha Centauri :evil4::D. (Myself, I think alpha Centauri is far too close to home :evil4:)

Looking forward to it myself, they've got Jim A-K on the program, he's always worth watching.

Alpha Centauri is too close to home, by about 4LY if you accept the astronomical average. Working my way back til I bump up against Sir Patrick (TY for the Caldwell Catalogue Sir). Six episodes in so far. And Jim A-K is absolutely my favorite presenter, much better than BC IMHO. Maybe I'm too old.

A couple of things from this months episode.

1: am I the only one that was worried that the lady (can't remember her name) was spraying water all over her computer.

2: the image of orion that was shown, was that the 400 hour image? No credit was given whilst it was on screen. (well none that I seen)

It was an enjoyable episode. I agree the images should be attributed, and also that water sprays should not ideally be directed at control panels.

The underground WIMP observatory looked pretty impressive. I heard some grumbles about spending so much money on a hole in the ground! I tried to explain the discoveries could revolutionize physics :happy9:

Archived