Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC1977 The Running Man Nebula

Kbramley

Afternoon All,

After what seems like too long I have finally managed to do a bit more serious Astro imaging and revisit the forum (been over 2 years IIRC), as it turns out having two children under 5 and UK skies is not a good mix for a hobby in astronomy, especially if you value sleep.

Anyhow in those 2 years of downtime  have taken the time to tear down the EQ6, overhaul the bearings, take out some backlash, re-grease with lithium grease, flush out the cobwebs from the roll off shed, clean out the MN190 (also infested with spiders worryingly), retake darks and bias files and overhaul the usb/power cables to the scope.

Finally after all this and some minor teething issues I got a few clear nights between Nov 2017 and Jan 2018, so I decided to have a go at NGC1977 - The Running Man Nebula in Orion .

4 Hours of Luminance at with 300s subs
1 Hour each of R,G,B in 300s subs
Atik383L+ mono (at -20) and MN190
Stacked in DSS and Post-Proc in PS

Image reduced by 50% to fit to screen better

Really happy being able to get back into this again

Keith

NGC1977.png

I have to say the break didn't take the edge off your ability, that is as good as I have ever seen. I have a 190mmM/N and am trying the get into imaging, at least looking at this shows me how far I have to go, not even got guiding to behave yet, time the hammer came out.

Great image, Alan

Archived