Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling - Autumn 2009

daz

Yep, 2009!!

The fields are almost booked up already, so if you are even half-contemplating a "maybe I might go, possibly" - GET IT BOOKED!!!

But wait, there's a bonus!! As you will see (hopefully) from the 2008 images, SGL had a "corner" of the blue field to ourselves, so we'd like to extend this out in 2009.

So SGL is happy to provide:

[li]4 pitches in the blue field for telescopes (see pictures from 2008)[/li]
    [li]A hospitality/warm room where there will be tea and coffee on tap throughout the days and nights[/li]

This means that even if you can't get a red or yellow pitch, you can come and bring your scopes to the communal SGL area and join in with everyone else :thumbright:

We will also be offering some form of catering, but the details we'll work out nearer the time (James!) :smiley::bino2:

So, if this is of interest, please just pop your name on this thread (NO CHIT-CHAT PLEASE) - purely so we have an indication of numbers on the scope pitches, and potential catering numbers. It's not binding, don't worry.

The main point of this thread is too notify those that didn't go that the pitches are selling very, very fast!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aha...

thanks for the heads up...

Anyone up for a lodge then ? :)

Do you snore?

Me? No way mate - quiet as a mouse! :mrgreen:

Ant , quiet as a Mouse ....... errrrrr maybe if that mouse wore size 12 hobnailed boots and carried a pair of rattles :D

So...for a newbie to this, the blue field is the one to get?

Well a bit of a loaded answer here :)

The Red Field is the one to get on if you can ,BUT i wouldnt be surprised if there are no more than 1/2 dozen pitches left :D

BUT

The Blue field can give you as good views but your horizons are more limited (if that makes sense).The big issue here is that the washroom lights are not covered so its not the best if you are into visual.

The good news is that the SGL corner has a nice bank of trees/bushes in the way and it was pretty much dark there.Plus we do make a nice cup of Tea /coffee :lol:

Get in quick guys - I found myself missing a pitch - so phoned to book one.

Most of the blue pitch on the sgl side of the toilets are gone - only a few left...

They have not decided if the blue field is going to be dedicated astro or not - but if it's full of astronomers it's a no brainer really.

ant

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in please. And I still don't know the dates - wasn't on this thread.

Ramin.

Ramin, you need to book directly with Kelling Heath.

I suggest you get in quick. The pitches even on blue field are going quick.

Ant

Archived