Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 31 and Messier 110 07/01/2018

AsAstronomy

Hello,

This night was the most transparent night in my life. With the naked eye I saw the stars of the 5th magnitude in conditions before the urban.
Below is a sketch of the Andromeda Galaxy along with the company. In the subject "Sketches" I attach the remaining works with sketches.

The Andromeda galaxy is a spiral galaxy, about 2.52 million light-years from Earth in the Andromeda constellation. He is in the local group and in the future he will collide with the Milky Way creating the Elliptical Galaxy.

Date of Sketch: 07/01/2018
Object (give designation, name etc.): Messier 31,Messier 110
Equipment: SW 114/900
Magnification: 45x
Sketching Medium:.white paper, HB pencils
Object Type (DSO, Solar, Lunar, Planetary, etc): DSO
Conditions : Clear beautiful sky

IMAG0771i.jpg

Nice sketch AsAstronomy.

I'm still a little confused by the orientation of your sketches, upside down, right way up, shouldn't be mirrored as you use a Newtonian? Can you confirm?

I actually think you got M32 but didn't spot it, if you look at the group of stars circled, M32 is in there. M110 is too close in, so perhaps pay attention to star position so we can help identify what you got.

Please excuse my fat fingered attempt at marking up the sketch on an iPhone!

IMG_5965.PNG

IMG_5966.JPG

Thank you for nice words. :)

Yes the view in the telescope is inverted but I use a parallactic mount (not set to a polar star) and the oration is sometimes different.
Sometimes it's difficult to keep the distance on the sketch. I guess what you pointed out is M32 (an indistinct little star) and the M110 was also visible in the telescope.
Thank you for your help
I will try next time to designate the north on the sketch for orientation. :)

Archived