Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It fell over (part 2)

When my tripod lost its balance yesterday, it snapped one of the slow-motion dooby things off....the things you attach the extension arms too. There looks to be a "spare" on the opposite side which I could use, but ideally I'd like to swap the broken one for the unbroken one so I can still reach the handles easily. I've tried removing two little grub screws, but nothing wants to budge. 

Does anyone know if I can do what I want to do?

PS - don't mobile phones have good cameras these days?

20180109_141426.jpg

20180109_141419.jpg

I managed exactly the same trick a long time ago, never managed to replace it though.

Does the silver ring at the end unscrew? If it has two holes 180 degrees apart you may be able to get a tool to unscrew it? I suspect that the broken part is one piece though, the two end parts with a worm gear hidden inside.

BTW are those encoders you have fitted?

Ah yes - I could try turning via those two little holes (which is does have) but flexible handles attached to the other site too might be workable. 

Encoders - yes, I worked it with an Argo Navis for a while, which worked nicely. I sold the handset when I got my AZ EQ5 but there wasn't much demand for the encoders for an Porta II!

Archived