Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  

COMPLETED - Wanted - Celestron/Vixen 32mm "circle V" Erfle

Looking for a Celestron (made by Vixen) circle V 32mm ERFLE eye piece or a Vixen own branded one. 

The Celestron was silver with orange lettering. 1.25 inch 31.7mm fit. 

Vixen own could be 31.7mm or 36.4mm screw fit (which I would prefer). 

Cash or swap for another ep perhaps. 

Edited by 25585

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The-MathMog
      Because of the current situation, I have, as many of you guys probably have too, spend a lot more time under the stars when possible.

It has literally been over a year since last I was out doing some astrophotography because of work.

So here is my second take after the long break, NGC 3344 (The Sliced Onion Galaxy).
      Initially I thought it would be a lot fainter than it was, so it was basically a shot in the dark, of just trying to get back at doing this.
      But the final image actually showed a lot more detail than I would've hoped for!
      Spring lent a lot of clear night, but those seems to be gone already. I would've hoped for a few more hours to add some more luminance data to it, as I did have to push it quite a bit.
      I am not too happy with the shape of the stars either. Guiding was not very stable through the night, even though balance and polar alignment seemed to be good. Might need to update my Celestron PEC data? 

Any advice or feedback is very welcome! 🤩
      NGC 3344 (Sliced Onion Galaxy)
      Flat and Dark calibrated
      Gain 111
      Offset 40
      Total Integration - 5 Hours 4 minutes  (LRGB)
      ZWO ASI 183MM-Pro
      Baader 2'' Neodymium Filter
      Baader 1,25'' RGB Filters
      ZWO Mini EFW
      Explore Scientific Coma Corrector
      ToupTek Camera G-1200-KMB Mono Guider
      Orion Mini 50mm Guidescope
      Photoshop CS2
      Deep Sky Stacker
      Stellarium/Stellarium Scope
      Astrotortilla

• By Geordie mc
      Hi. Just starting to use autofocus with the Celestron motor focus and SGP. Can anyone give me some starting points for step size, backlash etc. I’m getting there but wasting a lot of imaging time just trying to get this to work accurately. I’m currently trying a step size of 75 and a backlash of 50. Any tips most appreciated.
    • By Tugboat
      I'm having a bit of a clearout to make way for a new project.  For sale here are a couple of items that have seen very litle use:
      1) Celestron Omni CG-4 GEM Mount + Tripod - £125 *** SOLD ***
      This is in generally very good condition.  There are a few marks, and scuffs consistent with normal use.  There are also a couple of minor (small) patches of surface rust on a few of the bolts and steel legs.  It has seen very litle use, and has been in storage for the past few years so it is time to find it a good home.  The small rubber tips that go on the very end of the feet have perished, so these won't be included.
      It includes tubular steel tripod, 2 counterweights, built in polar scope, built in bubble level and slow motion controls.
      Due to size and weight, collection would be preferred from the RG27 area.  If you are reasonably local, I would also consider delivering.
      Price: £125, but I am open to offers.  Payment can be made via Bank Transfer (preferred), Paypal or cash on collection
      2) ***SOLD*** Celestron Omni XLT 127mm Telescope ***SOLD ***
      Again this is in very good condition, and has been in storage for the past few years and has had very little overall use.  A few marks on the dovetail as is to be expected.
      It includes a small finderscope, diagonal and a 25mm eyepiece
      Can be collected from the RG27 area, I could deliver if you are reasonably local, or can be posted for an additional £8.
      Price: £110, but am open to offers.  Payment can be made via Bank Transfer (preferred), Paypal or cash on collection *** NOW SOLD ***
      Any questions please do let me know.

• By Gregely
      Hi SGL
      I popped this topic on CN too but noone seems to know anything.

I came by an old Celestron Ultima 8 pre-PEC. I really like the scope and the mount it may be that I have read too much of Uncle Rod's and other's praise that I feel this scope has some intangible personality and charm.
      Anyway...
      Circuitry in the base seems to work fine even though the batteries don't hold charge but drive the Ra axis . I have 2 replacement on its way to me.
      Now my issue: It didn't come with a hand controller. I know it is not needed for tracking, and I don't have a Dec motor but I find it would be useful for centering in RA and D.A.R.V. method drift alignment.
      I was on the verge of making a crude controller out of veroboard and 4 momentary switches that I thought to be correct from the info on various sites, but then I came across an Ultima 8 project that clearly showed the hand controller for my scope.
      The pic attached is the one.

I am looking for help on how the dial and buttons are wired in and/or photos of the innards of the hand controller or if anyone knows what else is inside the handbox.
      The sources I was going on so far is a combination of the following 3 links:
      https://www.cloudyni...ding/?p=8015749
      https://onstep.group...in/message/6300
      https://github.com/garlick/ultima8/blob/master/base/README.md

These of course don't include drive rate rotary switch in the middle and if I could I would really like to to restore the full ability of this mount without spending too much  on electronics. Plus I don't want to spend time and effort on wiring something that doesn't work.

Oh and lastly I have no background  or experience in electronics just own a soldering station and a whole lot of determination.

Thanks in advance
      Greg

• By Piero
      As part of my equipment reduction, I'm selling the following items:
      Vixen HR 3.4mm (like new) £200 Vixen HR 2.4mm (like new) £200 1.25" Lunt Herschel Wedge (prism, ND filter, and wedge housing structure like new. Locking screw requires tapping and threading. Hence the discount) £80 SOLD The Vixen HR are the best eyepieces I have ever owned. A few members on CN matched them with the Pentax XO. No light scattering and incredibly sharp. In my opinion colour tone is neutral and sits in between the Docter UWA and my Zeiss Zoom eyepieces. Eye relief is comfortable if spectacles are not used (which should not at high magnification).
      The Lunt Herschel Wedge is an excellent tool for white light solar observing using a refractor. It works even better when combined with a Baader solar continuum filter in my opinion. The hole of the locking screw of the solar wedge requires tapping/threading. Apart from that, everything is in excellent conditions, essentially indistinguishable from new items.
      Caps and boxes (hard case for the wedge) are included, of course.
      Price includes 1st class RM signed-for. Payment via PayPal (as friends) or bank transfer. Collection from Cambridge also available if preferred.
      Thanks for looking,
      Piero

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.