Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
alexbb

Yet another Orion nebula - RGB + Ha + O3

I really hope that I need a single more night to complete my belt to sword 4 panels mosaic in O3 so I can finally put the ASI1600 on my new Esprit 80.

Meanwhile, I carried where I traveled last 2 weeks the EQ5, the Esprit and a Canon 550D. I also had a chance yesterday to shoot some images with the same setup from home, where the sky is light polluted.

First image is a total of about 30 mins of 30s unguided exposures with some moon too, but under dark skies + about 30 mins of 90s exposures from home, guided. Some 10s exposures too for the core. Perhaps the focus was not always spot on, the scope is more sensitive than I expected and it shifts quite a lot due to temperature drop.

Second image contains Ha and O3 data I'm collecting for the mosaic above mentioned, added in a rather small amount.

Even if I need much more data and the result is far of what I want, I'm pretty pleased with my improvements in time. The third image was taken at Christmas, 2 years ago, at my first or second astrophoto sessions. 102/500 achromat on an Alt-Az mount.

Clear skies!

Alex

M42-F400-2018-01-08-all_p01.jpg

M42-F400-2018-01-08-all_RGB-HOO-p02.jpg

M42-F500-2015-12-26_p2.jpg

• Like 4

We can all say you improved a great deal! :D

Nice pictures! It might be Orion "again" but it never gets old looking at these pics.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alexbb
      Hello all!
      I acquired yesterday the third hydrogen panel of this area. I might add 2 more below, in landscape. We shall see how the weather plays. 2.5h each panel in 300s subs at unity gain. And some 30s exposures for the core. Camera is ASI1600MMC on the Canon 300 F4 L lens, cooled to -15C. And first successful try with the Astro Pixel Processor, though, the stacks were made with DSS. I just purchased APP and I didn't restack them.
      I'm not sure if I should add more hydrogen data or move to oxygen and then LRGB. I still have time to decide until Feb-March.
      More details: http://www.astrobin.com/317154/
      Comments welcomed.
      Clear skies,
      Alex

• By alexbb
      It turns out I can not acquire more data until this challenge ends.
      I present you therefore what I have until now. It's a 5 panels mosaic in Hydrogen alpha. 3 panels in portrait mode, at the top. And 2 in landscape mode, at the bottom. Each panel is made by 30-31 subs of 300s and for the Orion nebula core I have a few 15s subs.
      All subs are taken with the ZWO ASI 1600 MMC, cooled to -15C, and 139gain. The lens is a Canon 300 F4 L with a lot of distortions caused by the IS element. Compared to the images I was taking on other targets until Orion rose enough, the focus was good since the beginning and remained ok during the nights.
      Mount: AZ-EQ5. Guiding with a 200mm lens.
      Software used: APT and PHD for acquisition; DSS, APP, Registar, StarTools and GIMP for processing.
      I plan to acquire 4 more Ha panels in landscape mode to cover the same area to increase the SNR and then to move to O3 and LRGB. A lot of work this winter.
      Link with wip: http://www.astrobin.com/317154/C/
      Thanks and clear skies,
      Alex

• By alexbb
      While waiting for the main target to rise, sometimes I aimed the lens and camera to the Pleiades. The setup is Canon 300 F4 L and ASI1600MMC.
      Camera cooled to -15C, 350x60s subs at unity gain. Lens wide open and IDAS-P2 filter.
      And last year's shot with the DSLRs and the Tair lenses used as colour.
      Perhaps they could have been better processed, this is the first try while waiting for one more panel on Orion. It's very difficult to remove the light pollution due to the IFN, perhaps this could have been done better too.
      Full res lum: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjYUVybHNuOURYQ28
      Full res with colour: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjb3hBZ0VldllDbkE
      Clear skies!
      Alex

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.