Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 07/01/2018

AsAstronomy

Hello,

I want to present my sketching for Mars. Mars seen through my telescope Sky-Watcher 114/900 in magnification 180x. Mars it's amazing :)

That day seeing was the best in my life.

Date of Sketch: 07/01/2018
Object (give designation, name etc.): Mars
Equipment: SW 114/900
Magnification: 180x
Sketching Medium:.white paper, HB pencil
Object Type (DSO, Solar, Lunar, Planetary, etc):Planetary-Mars
Conditions: Clear Sky

IMAG0759.jpg

I viewed Mars through a Tak FC-100DC under similar conditions and saw nothing like that level of detail so your sketch is remarkable. Mars is very small currently and anything to be seen must be teased out with great difficulty. I could possibly see a small polar region but it was very tough.

If you were able to see that level of detail, I am surprised that you could not see Syrtis Major which is well positioned currently.

IMG_6012.PNG

IMG_6011.PNG

That night(06.01.2018/07.01.2018) seeing was not as good as before but previously it was visible. It was not until late in the evening that seeing was the best in my life. (07.01.2018/08.01.2018)
That's why this sketch is less accurate than the previous one.

Seeing the details of Mars is a challenge for me but sometimes I can see them.

14 minutes ago, AsAstronomy said:

That night(06.01.2018/07.01.2018) seeing was not as good as before but previously it was visible. It was not until late in the evening that seeing was the best in my life. (07.01.2018/08.01.2018)
That's why this sketch is less accurate than the previous one.

Seeing the details of Mars is a challenge for me but sometimes I can see them.

The markings seem to be much more defined in this sketch. Is it an accurate representation of what you saw?

Archived