Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7635 - Bubble Nebula

bazza

It's been a long time since I posted an image from my own kit on here (& I mean quite a while!) so here goes.

Taken over the last 2 nights - L 1hr 28mins, RGB 48mins each in 240 sec subs.

I'm going to process it again, but just wanted to get something on here after all the effort!

I like criticism! (It helps me improve)....hopefully.

Barry.

post-13206-133877346948_thumb.jpg

Hi Bazza,

Great image - lovely focus and a great field of view.

As a fellow SXV-H9 owner, I see you have the same 'trailing' hot pixels that I see on mine - I wondered what was going on when I first saw those! They are nice and straight though, which indicates your alignment is very good :smiley:

Good job!

Cheers,

Richie

Well, you have'nt forgotten how to do it Barry, very nice!! :smiley:

The 'trailing' of the 'hot pixels' is caused by a slight misalignment of the subs, during align & stack.

Running 'Remove Hot Pixels' on the subs prior to combining and stacking, should be remove them, or a subtracting a 'dark frame'

Dave

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

In relation to the hot pixels, the frames are all calibrated - I ran 'remove hot pixels' from the blue subs but forgot to do the same for red and green!!

You're right, I do need to get rid of some noise though - I'm going to have a long processing session on it later in the week.

You know what it's like though - when you haven't produced an image for so long, you just can't wait to see what the end result is like!

Barry.

Don't like adding to my own thread, but I took on board the comments, especially ref. the hot pixels and noise and here is the reprocessed version.

I'm happier with it - but I can't help thinking, it's now over processed!!

Barry.

post-13206-133877347044_thumb.jpg

Well the hot pixels have certainly gone Barry, but the extra processing has unfortunatley reduced the signal to noise.

Surprising though, as 1hr 28 mins in 240 sec subs, would I'd have thought, given you a bit more to play with, but then that's this imaging game all over. :?

I'd have just removed the 'trailing pixels' in the first image using P/shop, with the likes of the 'clone stamp' tool. The only losses you would have sustained, would have been resaving it to jpeg.

Dave

Archived